Обсуждение: PL/pgsql or C/C++

PL/pgsql or C/C++

От
^chewie
Дата:
This is a general question expecting general answers.  I've read the
documentation concerning triggers and functions, as well as the
documentation on the different languages you can use for driving these
triggers and functions.  Aside from portability and the lack of having
to explicitly compiling a C/C++ library, what advantages does PL/pgsql
have over C/C++ or even PL/tcl?

^chewie

Re: PL/pgsql or C/C++

От
Ian Phillips
> This is a general question expecting general answers.  I've read the
> documentation concerning triggers and functions, as well as the
> documentation on the different languages you can use for driving these
> triggers and functions.  Aside from portability and the lack of having
> to explicitly compiling a C/C++ library, what advantages does PL/pgsql
> have over C/C++ or even PL/tcl?
>
> ^chewie

Ease of use is probably the biggest plus. For running a 'quick and dirty'
trigger, it's a lot easier than compiling a C library or (in my case) learning
TCL. I suppose if you already know TCL, there isn't that much point.

 --
Ian Phillips
ian@comodo.net

"The Z80 - The Chip of the Seventies! Today!"

Re: [GENERAL] Re: PL/pgsql or C/C++

От
Дата:
PL/pgsql ADN PL/tcl is safer -- that is the OFFICIAL reason, tho the real
reason may be comvenience.
As for PL/pgsql and PL/tcl: I asked before, no answer. I guess it is
portablility and existing codes. If you are a hero, use tcl, if not,
use pl/pgsql.

Kai