Обсуждение: Postgres and South Park

Postgres and South Park

От
Bernard Frankpitt
Дата:
 Hi All,

 Just found this quote from an interview by Ars Techinca with the South
 Park admins. (my emphasis added)

 J. J.: For the admin machines, Linux is the system of choice as we need
 something very reliable for running the critical software like DNS,
 postgres SQL [sic.], mail, and so on. We use Apache for our intraweb
server,
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^
 although we run it on Jesus, our O2000 file server.

 For the whole interview see

 http://www.ars-technica.com/etc/3q99/southpark/

 Bernie

Re: [GENERAL] Postgres and South Park

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
No permission to access on server :(

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [GENERAL] Postgres and South Park

От
"Ross J. Reedstrom"
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 01:55:04PM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> No permission to access on server :(

Try -

http://www.arstechnica.com/etc/3q99/southpark/sp-interview-1.html

Made interesting lunchtime reading ;-). (It's _long_)

Ross

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer

Re: [GENERAL] Postgres and South Park

От
Peter Mount
Дата:
On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> No permission to access on server :(

I tried it also. I even tried their search engine, which failed with an
"Server Overloaded" message.

At least someone there has a sense of humor - it ends with a dos prompt!

Peter ;-)

--
       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk
      Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk

Re: [GENERAL] Postgres and South Park (Addendum)

От
Bernard Frankpitt
Дата:
The original address was truncated. If you are still interested try
this:

http://www.arstechnica.com/etc/3q99/southpark/sp-interview-1.html

Sorry for the clumsiness

Bernie

Re: [GENERAL] Postgres and South Park

>  Hi All,
>
>  Just found this quote from an interview by Ars Techinca with the South
>  Park admins. (my emphasis added)

>  J. J.: For the admin machines, Linux is the system of choice as we need
>  something very reliable for running the critical software like DNS,
>  postgres SQL [sic.], mail, and so on. We use Apache for our intraweb
> server,
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  although we run it on Jesus, our O2000 file server.
>
>  For the whole interview see
>
>  http://www.ars-technica.com/etc/3q99/southpark/

Yes, I had heard SouthPark uses PostgreSQL to track drawn frames.

Re: [GENERAL] Postgres and South Park (Addendum)

От
Peter Mount
Дата:
On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Bernard Frankpitt wrote:

> The original address was truncated. If you are still interested try
> this:
>
> http://www.arstechnica.com/etc/3q99/southpark/sp-interview-1.html

No probs. I'll take a look at it from work tomorrow :-)