Обсуждение: RE: [GENERAL] SQL Question

RE: [GENERAL] SQL Question

От
Michael Davis
Дата:
Yes, the "having" clause  is supported in 6.4.2 with some restrictions as
outlined in the documentation on the web site.

    -----Original Message-----
    From:    Matthew [SMTP:matt@ctlno.com]
    Sent:    Tuesday, March 09, 1999 10:46 PM
    To:    pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org
    Subject:    [GENERAL] SQL Question

    I am using RH5.2 / Postgre 6.3.2  I need a query that has a having
    clause.  In 6.3.2 it says that having is not supported yet.   I
looked
    at the changes in 6.4 and it appears that 6.4.2 supports this.  Is
this
    true?  Also I have found 6.4.2 rpms but no data rpm so now when I
try to
    use psql it says pgReadData() -- backend closed the channel
    unexpectedly.

    Please help.

    Matt

RE: [GENERAL] question on startup with -i parameter

От
"William J. Stotts"
Дата:
I have a large database of images that gets accessed from another machine
where the web server resides. I have the initscript starting postgresql
with the following commandline:

su postgres -c '/usr/bin/postmaster -B 256 -i -S -D/var/lib/pgsql'

Whenever I reboot the box, postgres appears to start correctly, but I can't
connect to the database from the web server until I stop and restart
postgres again. I have it starting at S95 in runlevel 3 in sysVinit.

Any ideas or thoughts on this, if possible please reply to me directly as
well as the list.

Thanks
Bill

Bill Stotts                          |  Voice: 860-616-7535
wstotts@sonitrol.net                 |    Fax: 860-616-7589
Sonitrol Communications Corp.        |

_SONITROL_ Expect the best...        |  Where do you want to GO tomorrow?

RE: [GENERAL] question on converting M$ Access tables

От
"William J. Stotts"
Дата:
I have a VB application that uses a M$ Access 97 table to store it's data
in. I wish to change to postgres to store the data, and use ODBC to link
the postgres tables back to the M$ Access mdb. Are there any utilities
that allow me some way of automating the conversion of the mdb table
structures into postgres short of recreating the tables from scratch in
postgres.

Please email me directly if possible as well as the list.

Thanks,
Bill
Bill Stotts                          |  Voice: 860-616-7535
wstotts@sonitrol.net                 |    Fax: 860-616-7589
Sonitrol Communications Corp.        |

_SONITROL_ Expect the best...        |  Where do you want to GO tomorrow?

Re: [GENERAL] question on converting M$ Access tables

От
Valerio Santinelli

"William J. Stotts" wrote:

> I have a VB application that uses a M$ Access 97 table to store it's data
> in. I wish to change to postgres to store the data, and use ODBC to link
> the postgres tables back to the M$ Access mdb. Are there any utilities
> that allow me some way of automating the conversion of the mdb table
> structures into postgres short of recreating the tables from scratch in
> postgres.

You can use MSAccess97 directly and do an "export table". Or you could try the
PGAdmin package. I know it's got an export tool to export tables from
MSAccess97 to Postgres but I haven't tried it yet.

--

C'ya!

Valerio Santinelli a.k.a. TANiS
[tanis@mediacom.it]+:+[http://www.mediacom.it/~tanis]

Re: [GENERAL] question on converting M$ Access tables

От
"William J. Stotts"
Дата:
On 11-Mar-99 Valerio Santinelli wrote:

> "William J. Stotts" wrote:
>
>> I have a VB application that uses a M$ Access 97 table to store it's
>> data
>> in. I wish to change to postgres to store the data, and use ODBC to
>> link
>> the postgres tables back to the M$ Access mdb. Are there any utilities
>> that allow me some way of automating the conversion of the mdb table
>> structures into postgres short of recreating the tables from scratch in
>> postgres.
>
> You can use MSAccess97 directly and do an "export table". Or you could
> try the
> PGAdmin package. I know it's got an export tool to export tables from
> MSAccess97 to Postgres but I haven't tried it yet.
>
> --
>
> C'ya!
>
> Valerio Santinelli a.k.a. TANiS
> [tanis@mediacom.it]+:+[http://www.mediacom.it/~tanis]

I know about PGAccess but where can I find PGAdmin?
Thanks!
BIll

Bill Stotts                          |  Voice: 860-616-7535
wstotts@sonitrol.net                 |    Fax: 860-616-7589
Sonitrol Communications Corp.        |

_SONITROL_ Expect the best...        |  Where do you want to GO tomorrow?

Re: where to find PGAdmin

От
"William J. Stotts"
Дата:
On 11-Mar-99 Valerio Santinelli wrote:

> "William J. Stotts" wrote:
>
>> I have a VB application that uses a M$ Access 97 table to store it's
>> data
>> in. I wish to change to postgres to store the data, and use ODBC to
>> link
>> the postgres tables back to the M$ Access mdb. Are there any utilities
>> that allow me some way of automating the conversion of the mdb table
>> structures into postgres short of recreating the tables from scratch in
>> postgres.
>
> You can use MSAccess97 directly and do an "export table". Or you could
> try the
> PGAdmin package. I know it's got an export tool to export tables from
> MSAccess97 to Postgres but I haven't tried it yet.
>
> --
>
> C'ya!
>
> Valerio Santinelli a.k.a. TANiS
> [tanis@mediacom.it]+:+[http://www.mediacom.it/~tanis]

I know about PGAccess but where can I find PGAdmin?
Thanks!
BIll

Bill Stotts                          |  Voice: 860-616-7535
wstotts@sonitrol.net                 |    Fax: 860-616-7589
Sonitrol Communications Corp.        |

_SONITROL_ Expect the best...        |  Where do you want to GO tomorrow?

RE: [GENERAL] question on converting M$ Access tables

От
"Brett W. McCoy"
Дата:
On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, William J. Stotts wrote:

> I have a VB application that uses a M$ Access 97 table to store it's data
> in. I wish to change to postgres to store the data, and use ODBC to link
> the postgres tables back to the M$ Access mdb. Are there any utilities
> that allow me some way of automating the conversion of the mdb table
> structures into postgres short of recreating the tables from scratch in
> postgres.

Have you lokked at pgAdmin?  it has utitilities for migrating Access files
to PostgreSQL.

Brett W. McCoy
                                        http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy/
I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to
make it shorter.
        -- Blaise Pascal

Re: [GENERAL] Re: where to find PGAdmin

От
reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu (Ross J. Reedstrom)
For the record:
Since you asked were it is, and had it suggested to you yet again, here's what
30sec. with www.altavista.com turns up as the first hit on PgAdmin:

http://www.vale-it.demon.co.uk/freeware/pgadmin/

> I know about PGAccess but where can I find PGAdmin?
> Thanks!
> BIll

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer