Обсуждение: Using psql on command line

Using psql on command line

От
Brian
Дата:
I would like to run a cron job nightly to vaccuum a few databases, but how
do you execute from just a command line?  I tried like:

psql mydb < vacuum
psql mydb | vacuum

etc.

Thanks.

Brian

Brian Feeny (BF304)   | ShreveNet Inc. - Premium Internet Service Provider
Network Administrator | Shreveport, Louisiana - http://www.shreve.net/
signal@shreve.net     | Web Hosting, Virtual Domains, Storefronts,
(318)222-2NET x 109   | Database/Web Integration, 56k, ISDN, T1

Re: [GENERAL] Using psql on command line

От
Eric Marsden
Дата:

  Brian> I would like to run a cron job nightly to vaccuum a few
  Brian> databases, but how do you execute from just a command line? I
  Brian> tried like:
  Brian>
  Brian> psql mydb < vacuum
  Brian> psql mydb | vacuum

One of

   ~$ echo "vacuum" | psql mydb
   ~$ psql mydb -c "vacuum"

Note that you'll have to be careful about the environment of the user
which is running the cron jobs (PGDATA etc).

--
Eric Marsden
emarsden @ mail.dotcom.fr

Re: [GENERAL] Using psql on command line

От
Jeremiah Davis
Дата:
you should look at the manual for psql.. thats what I just did.. looks
like it would be something like this..

psql -c vacuum <tablename> -d dbName

if you can't find the man file... try the postgres home page.
(www.postgresql.org) or look in pgsql/man/man1/ on your local system...

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Brian wrote:

> I would like to run a cron job nightly to vaccuum a few databases, but how
> do you execute from just a command line?  I tried like:
>
> psql mydb < vacuum
> psql mydb | vacuum
>
> etc.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Brian

> Brian Feeny (BF304)   | ShreveNet Inc. - Premium Internet Service Provider
> Network Administrator | Shreveport, Louisiana - http://www.shreve.net/
> signal@shreve.net     | Web Hosting, Virtual Domains, Storefronts,
> (318)222-2NET x 109   | Database/Web Integration, 56k, ISDN, T1

Re: [GENERAL] Using psql on command line

От
Jeremiah Davis
Дата:
Just test it.. worked like this..