Обсуждение: dtrace pgfoundry link

dtrace pgfoundry link

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
The last pgfoundry link in our docs is

  <para>
   More example scripts can be found in the PgFoundry
   <ulink url="http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dtrace/">dtrace
project</ulink>.
  </para>

pgfoundry is now pretty much unusable, so we should update this.

Does anyone know whether this resource can be found in an alternative
place, or do we have something else to link to, or can we remove it?

Re: dtrace pgfoundry link

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The last pgfoundry link in our docs is
>
>   <para>
>    More example scripts can be found in the PgFoundry
>    <ulink url="http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dtrace/">dtrace
> project</ulink>.
>   </para>
>
> pgfoundry is now pretty much unusable, so we should update this.
>
> Does anyone know whether this resource can be found in an alternative
> place, or do we have something else to link to, or can we remove it?

The pgfoundry.org domain expired yesterday, and I don't think these
files are anywhere else online.  We should either ask Marc for a backup
of the last version of those files, and perhaps host them (maybe just
the wiki if we have no better place), or just remove the para.

There's been no movement at all on our DTrace support for many years,
BTW.

Re: dtrace pgfoundry link

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 03/06/2015 11:08 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> The last pgfoundry link in our docs is
>>
>>   <para>
>>    More example scripts can be found in the PgFoundry
>>    <ulink url="http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dtrace/">dtrace
>> project</ulink>.
>>   </para>
>>
>> pgfoundry is now pretty much unusable, so we should update this.
>>
>> Does anyone know whether this resource can be found in an alternative
>> place, or do we have something else to link to, or can we remove it?
>
> The pgfoundry.org domain expired yesterday, and I don't think these
> files are anywhere else online.  We should either ask Marc for a backup
> of the last version of those files, and perhaps host them (maybe just
> the wiki if we have no better place), or just remove the para.

Really?  Crap, there's still a few web pages for that which are heavily
referenced, particularly the pgbouncer online docs.  I'll try to get new
online docs elsewhere.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.