Обсуждение: Correction for: "21.6. Tablespaces"

Correction for: "21.6. Tablespaces"

От
Ian Lawrence Barwick
Дата:
Hi

The last paragraph on the page "21.6. Tablespaces":

 "and after you restart the server, update the pg_tablespace catalog
with the new locations"

is partially inaccurate as of PostgreSQL 9.2, as the spclocation
column which is meant
here was removed in 9.2 [2]).

Patch attached; I also added a link to the "pg_tablespace" page.

[1]: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/manage-ag-tablespaces.html
[2]: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/release-9-2.html#AEN110902

Regards

Ian Barwick

Вложения

Re: Correction for: "21.6. Tablespaces"

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> The last paragraph on the page "21.6. Tablespaces":
>
>  "and after you restart the server, update the pg_tablespace catalog
> with the new locations"
>
> is partially inaccurate as of PostgreSQL 9.2, as the spclocation
> column which is meant
> here was removed in 9.2 [2]).
>
> Patch attached;

Thanks! Committed.

> I also added a link to the "pg_tablespace" page.

I used <link> instead of <xref> because xreflabel of catalog-pg-tablespace
is not defined.

Fujii Masao

Re: Correction for: "21.6. Tablespaces"

От
Ian Lawrence Barwick
Дата:
2013/7/31 Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> The last paragraph on the page "21.6. Tablespaces":
>>
>>  "and after you restart the server, update the pg_tablespace catalog
>> with the new locations"
>>
>> is partially inaccurate as of PostgreSQL 9.2, as the spclocation
>> column which is meant
>> here was removed in 9.2 [2]).
>>
>> Patch attached;
>
> Thanks! Committed.

Thanks :)

>> I also added a link to the "pg_tablespace" page.
>
> I used <link> instead of <xref> because xreflabel of catalog-pg-tablespace
> is not defined.

Ah, missed that. That's what comes of rushing in my patches over lunchtime
I guess ;)

Regards

Ian