Обсуждение: Printed Doc

Printed Doc

От
RPK
Дата:
Is PGSQL doc available as a book?

Re: Printed Doc

От
"Andrej Ricnik-Bay"
Дата:
On 8/5/07, RPK <rpk.general@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is PGSQL doc available as a book?
There was a thread about this not long ago ... not sure
whether on this list or on general; but I don't think it is.

Cheers,
Andrej

Re: Printed Doc

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Andrej Ricnik-Bay a écrit :
> On 8/5/07, RPK <rpk.general@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is PGSQL doc available as a book?
> There was a thread about this not long ago ... not sure
> whether on this list or on general; but I don't think it is.

They are available at lulu.com. In a quick search, I found this :
  http://www.lulu.com/content/863723

Be careful, this is 8.2.1 manual, not 8.2.4. Ans this is volume 1 of 3.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/

Re: Printed Doc

От
Brian Gough
Дата:
At Sun, 5 Aug 2007 04:27:56 -0700 (PDT),
RPK wrote:
> Is PGSQL doc available as a book?

The PostgreSQL language reference (v8.2.4) is available:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0954612027/networktheory-20

I am preparing two other volumes (the Programming guides and
Administration guide) for printing.

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,
Publishing Free Software Manuals --- http://www.network-theory.co.uk/

Re: Printed Doc

От
David Gardner
Дата:
Could this get added to: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/books/ ?

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Andrej Ricnik-Bay a écrit :
>
>> On 8/5/07, RPK <rpk.general@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is PGSQL doc available as a book?
>>>
>> There was a thread about this not long ago ... not sure
>> whether on this list or on general; but I don't think it is.
>>

> They are available at lulu.com. In a quick search, I found this :
>   http://www.lulu.com/content/863723
>
> Be careful, this is 8.2.1 manual, not 8.2.4. Ans this is volume 1 of 3.
>
> Regards.

Re: Printed Doc

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On 8/15/07, Brian Gough <bjg@network-theory.co.uk> wrote:
> At Sun, 5 Aug 2007 04:27:56 -0700 (PDT),
> RPK wrote:
> > Is PGSQL doc available as a book?
>
> The PostgreSQL language reference (v8.2.4) is available:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0954612027/networktheory-20
>
> I am preparing two other volumes (the Programming guides and
> Administration guide) for printing.

That is very cool.

Btw, did anyone else notice the link halfway down about having Amazon
turn this into an e-book for you?  Thought that was kinda funny.  I
mean, I can see some use for having it in an ebook format, but
generally speaking, it started as an "e" book.