Обсуждение: uuid type not documented

uuid type not documented

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
The new uuid type is lacking documentation.  Could you please work on that?
At least assemble a list of things that exist so that others can build
documentation around that.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: uuid type not documented

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 17:24 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The new uuid type is lacking documentation.

We had also talked about including some UUID generation functionality in
8.3, but it should be okay to leave that for 8.4.

-Neil

Re: uuid type not documented

От
Gevik Babakhani
Дата:
Sorry for this late reply....
I go work on the docs. What is the deadline on this... (have to
rearrange some other things...)

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 17:24 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The new uuid type is lacking documentation.  Could you please work on that?
> At least assemble a list of things that exist so that others can build
> documentation around that.

Re: uuid type not documented

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
The roadmap lists mid-may for all patches to be reviewed and applied, so
for a docs patch I guess we'd like to have it early may at the latest.

(We'll still accept docs patches later, but I think only when they're more
along the lines of correction, not when it's a whole feature that's not
documented)

//Magnus

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 02:07:55PM +0200, Gevik Babakhani wrote:
> Sorry for this late reply....
> I go work on the docs. What is the deadline on this... (have to
> rearrange some other things...)
>
> On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 17:24 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > The new uuid type is lacking documentation.  Could you please work on that?
> > At least assemble a list of things that exist so that others can build
> > documentation around that.

Re: uuid type not documented

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Gevik Babakhani wrote:
> Sorry for this late reply....
> I go work on the docs. What is the deadline on this... (have to
> rearrange some other things...)

I've written some basic documentation.  Please check
<http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/datatype.html> (in a
while) to see if I got everything right.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: uuid type not documented

От
Gevik Babakhani
Дата:
Hi,

I think the basic description for the UUID datatype is okay. Perhaps we
could add some basic examples to the documentation later. Thank you.

Regards,
Gevik.