Обсуждение: the PDF documentation on postgresql.org

the PDF documentation on postgresql.org

От
Saquib Farooq Malik
Дата:
  Hello,

  Can anyone guide me through the exact process of
creating PDF documentation used by www.postgresql.org.

  As some of you might remember I am having problems
creating PDF's out of my SGML documentation.

  I was hoping that the methodology being used by
postgresql.org might be a help.

 Thank you

Saquib

__________________________________
Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html

Re: the PDF documentation on postgresql.org

От
Kris Jurka

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, Saquib Farooq Malik wrote:

>   Can anyone guide me through the exact process of
> creating PDF documentation used by www.postgresql.org.

I built the 7.4 and 8.0 pdfs on postgresql.org.  I was able to do so by
using the sgml tools available in the old debian stable (Woody).  You must
use plain jade instead of openjade (which crashes).  Trying this on debian
unstable took about ten days on an Athlon ~1500, but it did complete.  I
suspect the problem is related to different stylesheet versions, but I
have not actually confirmed this.

Kris Jurka