Обсуждение: punctuation in function tables

punctuation in function tables

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
The function definition tables in func.sgml use punctuation
inconsistently: some descriptions are terminated by a period, some are
not. Is there any opinion on which variant is "correct"?

If not, I'll update the docs so that sentences in descriptions are
separated by periods, rather than terminated: so single sentence
descriptions will have no period, and multiple sentence descriptions
will have periods except for the last sentence. I have a vague
recollection that we use this style elsewhere...

-Neil

Re: punctuation in function tables

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
Neil Conway wrote:
> The function definition tables in func.sgml use punctuation
> inconsistently: some descriptions are terminated by a period, some are
> not. Is there any opinion on which variant is "correct"?

I ended up not including a period in single-sentence function
descriptions, but using both separating and terminating periods in
multiple-sentence descriptions. Applied to HEAD.

-Neil