Обсуждение: Update for German FAQ translation

Update for German FAQ translation

От
Ian Barwick
Дата:
incorporates latest changes in the English original.

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net

Вложения

Re: Update for German FAQ translation

Дата:
Patch applied.  Thanks.

Ian Barwick wrote:

> incorporates latest changes in the English original.
>
> Ian Barwick
> barwick@gmx.net

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

> http://archives.postgresql.org

status of 7.3 docs?

От
Rich Morin
Дата:
It sounds like the 7.3 docs are "in progress".  Coincidentally, I have
just about run out of the existing PostgreSQL DOSSIER volumes.  Could
someone tell me

   *  the status of the 7.3 set

   *  what changes you would like to see (e.g., inclusions, exclusions,
      re-organization) in a new set

   *  whether a solution has been found for the even/odd page numbering
      problem that afflicted the last set

-r
--
email: rdm@cfcl.com; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm    - my home page, resume, etc.

Re: status of 7.3 docs?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Rich Morin writes:

> It sounds like the 7.3 docs are "in progress".  Coincidentally, I have
> just about run out of the existing PostgreSQL DOSSIER volumes.  Could
> someone tell me
>
>    *  the status of the 7.3 set

In principle, the 7.3 documentation as released is done.  It's certainly
not "in progress" at this point.  There may be typo fixes or the like in
7.3.1 etc.  But...

>    *  what changes you would like to see (e.g., inclusions, exclusions,
>       re-organization) in a new set

If you saw my message yesterday about a structural reorganization you
might be interested in waiting until it's done (maybe a few weeks).  I'm
not sure whether that reorganization will be put into the official
7.3-branch docs, but it will be useful if you want to print books.

>    *  whether a solution has been found for the even/odd page numbering
>       problem that afflicted the last set

That's a toolchain issue.  I don't think a lot has happened there since we
last looked.  I think you can adjust the page numbering in the
intermediate TeX file rather easily though.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: status of 7.3 docs?

Дата:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Rich Morin writes:
>
> > It sounds like the 7.3 docs are "in progress".  Coincidentally, I have
> > just about run out of the existing PostgreSQL DOSSIER volumes.  Could
> > someone tell me
> >
> >    *  the status of the 7.3 set
>
> In principle, the 7.3 documentation as released is done.  It's certainly
> not "in progress" at this point.  There may be typo fixes or the like in
> 7.3.1 etc.  But...

Yes, there will be a few typo fixes, and in future releases we may have
more cleanups in minor releases now that I know they are being rebuilt.

> >    *  what changes you would like to see (e.g., inclusions, exclusions,
> >       re-organization) in a new set
>
> If you saw my message yesterday about a structural reorganization you
> might be interested in waiting until it's done (maybe a few weeks).  I'm
> not sure whether that reorganization will be put into the official
> 7.3-branch docs, but it will be useful if you want to print books.

It is unlikely we will backpatch that to 7.3.X.  Odds are it will be too
massive, and we normally don't backpatch feature improvements.  However,
if Peter wants to, I don't think anyone would object.