Обсуждение: Re: [HACKERS] Documentation DTD

Re: [HACKERS] Documentation DTD

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Rod Taylor writes:

> This one is pretty simple.  It's been announced that the docbook group
> isn't looking to continue with SGML.

I don't know where you got this from, but it's not true.  DocBook 5 will
support SGML.  And as long as they publish DTDs you can use them with SGML
tools anyway.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: [HACKERS] Documentation DTD

От
Rod Taylor
Дата:
On Sat, 2002-08-17 at 11:47, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Rod Taylor writes:
>
> > This one is pretty simple.  It's been announced that the docbook group
> > isn't looking to continue with SGML.
>
> I don't know where you got this from, but it's not true.  DocBook 5 will
> support SGML.  And as long as they publish DTDs you can use them with SGML
> tools anyway.

Yes, jade and friends will work.  But Fop is quickly catching up to the
dsssl abilities and can already do some things much cleaner (title
pages, headers and footers).

Anyway, XML or SGML doesn't really matter.  There are a number of
enhancements I'd like to make to the doc process which won't be affected
either way.  Auto-generated example output, and others to help things
stay in sync.

Re: [HACKERS] Documentation DTD

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Rod Taylor writes:

> Yes, jade and friends will work.  But Fop is quickly catching up to the
> dsssl abilities and can already do some things much cleaner (title
> pages, headers and footers).

The real concern is that the XSLT stylesheets aren't anywhere near the
maturity of the DSSSL releases.  I occasionally build the PostgreSQL
documentation with various combinations of XSL tools and the results are
basically too ugly to look at -- if you get anything to look at in the
first place.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net