Обсуждение: Man page section for SQL commands

Man page section for SQL commands

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
This has been thrown around a few times, but it still needs fixing.  Some
systems don't support the 'l' section for man pages.  In any case, for
most systems, 'l' is not the right section (unless possibly you put all
man pages there, 'l' = local).

I suggest that for each supported platform we define which section would
be appropriate (usually 5 or 7); the default could still be 'l' if we
don't know better.  However, we build the man pages with some dummy
section like 'XX' and run a sed command like listed at the bottom of
FAQ_SCO upon installation to substitute the correct section.

This should be quick, simple, and harmless.  Comments?

Re: Man page section for SQL commands

Дата:
> I suggest that for each supported platform we define which section would
> be appropriate (usually 5 or 7); the default could still be 'l' if we
> don't know better.  However, we build the man pages with some dummy
> section like 'XX' and run a sed command like listed at the bottom of
> FAQ_SCO upon installation to substitute the correct section.

Sounds good to me.  HPUX is one of the ones that doesn't like 'l'.

            regards, tom lane