Обсуждение: Doc updates - pg_options

Doc updates - pg_options

От
"Oliver Elphick"
Дата:
I found there wasn't much documentation on pg_options, so I have prepared a
self-documenting pg_options.sample which is attached.

     "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything,
      by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, present
      your requests to God. And the peace of God, which
      transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts
      and your minds in Christ Jesus."   Philippians 4:6,7

Вложения

Re: Doc updates - pg_options

Дата:
> I found there wasn't much documentation on pg_options, so I have prepared a
> self-documenting pg_options.sample which is attached.

pg_options.sample added.  I was confused as to how pg_options got
configured.  With this file, I see it now.

pg_options.sample will not install by default.

Re: Doc updates - pg_options

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
Oliver Elphick wrote:

> I found there wasn't much documentation on pg_options, so I have prepared a
> self-documenting pg_options.sample which is attached.

Thanks Oliver. Consider it added (with minor modifications) to the
RPM's, if it doesn't get put in the main tarball first.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: Doc updates - pg_options

Дата:
> Oliver Elphick wrote:
> >
> > I found there wasn't much documentation on pg_options, so I have prepared a
> > self-documenting pg_options.sample which is attached.
>
> Thanks Oliver. Consider it added (with minor modifications) to the
> RPM's, if it doesn't get put in the main tarball first.

It is in the tarball already.

Re: Doc updates - pg_options

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Oliver Elphick wrote:
> > >
> > > I found there wasn't much documentation on pg_options, so I have prepared a
> > > self-documenting pg_options.sample which is attached.
> >
> > Thanks Oliver. Consider it added (with minor modifications) to the
> > RPM's, if it doesn't get put in the main tarball first.
> >

> It is in the tarball already.

Yeah, I got your message just shortly after Oliver's.

However, I'd like to see this installed alongside the other *.sample
files in PGLIB (and which initdb puts in PGDATA) (which I probably will
go ahead and do for the RPM, again, if you don't beat me to the punch
:-)). This late in beta, you may not want to do that in the main line --
for the RPM's, however, it is a simple matter for me to add an install
to pop it into both PGLIB and PGDATA.  This is a _useful_
self-documenting sample.  Thanks, Oliver!

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: Doc updates - pg_options

Дата:
> Yeah, I got your message just shortly after Oliver's.
>
> However, I'd like to see this installed alongside the other *.sample
> files in PGLIB (and which initdb puts in PGDATA) (which I probably will
> go ahead and do for the RPM, again, if you don't beat me to the punch
> :-)). This late in beta, you may not want to do that in the main line --
> for the RPM's, however, it is a simple matter for me to add an install
> to pop it into both PGLIB and PGDATA.  This is a _useful_
> self-documenting sample.  Thanks, Oliver!

Yes, it will install by default into /lib.