Обсуждение: CVS FAQ information

CVS FAQ information

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
The CVS (and now CVSup) information has been moved to sgml and I've
removed the FAQ_CVS plain text file. Can we update the web site
pointers to point at the relevant chapter in the html rather than the
now-obsolete plain text file?

The url for the new info is

http://postgresql/docs/programmer/cvs.htm

which would need the appropriate relative path for use within the web
page.

Also, I've committed two new FAQs for SGI/Irix and for AIX, which
should probably be mentioned on the web site.
                - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

RE: [DOCS] CVS FAQ information

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On 27-May-99 Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> The CVS (and now CVSup) information has been moved to sgml and I've
> removed the FAQ_CVS plain text file. Can we update the web site
> pointers to point at the relevant chapter in the html rather than the
> now-obsolete plain text file?
>
> The url for the new info is
>
> http://postgresql/docs/programmer/cvs.htm
>
> which would need the appropriate relative path for use within the web
> page.

Done.

> Also, I've committed two new FAQs for SGI/Irix and for AIX, which
> should probably be mentioned on the web site.

Where are they currently located?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: [DOCS] CVS FAQ information

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> > The url for the new info is
> > http://postgresql/docs/programmer/cvs.htm
> > which would need the appropriate relative path for use within the web
> > page.
> Done.

Thanks.

> > Also, I've committed two new FAQs for SGI/Irix and for AIX, which
> > should probably be mentioned on the web site.
> Where are they currently located?

Oh. They are in the CVS source tree in doc/FAQ_SGI and FAQ_AIX. Are
the other FAQs pulled out of the CVS tree, or is there a current copy
of the tree maintained somewhere that you can refer to?
                  - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [DOCS] CVS FAQ information

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > > Also, I've committed two new FAQs for SGI/Irix and for AIX, which
> > > should probably be mentioned on the web site.
> > Where are they currently located?
>
> Oh. They are in the CVS source tree in doc/FAQ_SGI and FAQ_AIX. Are
> the other FAQs pulled out of the CVS tree, or is there a current copy
> of the tree maintained somewhere that you can refer to?

I'd like to have them all available from Info Central.  Right now only
the CVSup and the main user faqs are, nothing platform specific.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Translation to Brazilian Portuguese

От
Joaquim Quinteiro Uchoa
Дата:
Hi, this e-mail is just to inform that I restarted my translation of
postgreSQL docs to portuguese (nedeed to stop due personal problemas). I'm
translating now the PostgreSQL HOWTO and the next will be the
User's Guide. I think I will get a unrevisioned version of the HOWTO until
the end of this month.
[]s
Joaquim
(    )    Joaquim Quinteiro Uchoa      (    )  (*)          Prof. DEX - UFLA       (*)  (*)          Linux User #
100534      (*)

(    )   (Inteligencia Artificial)    (    )

Re: [DOCS] Translation to Brazilian Portuguese

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> Hi, this e-mail is just to inform that I restarted my translation of
> postgreSQL docs to portuguese... I'm
> translating now the PostgreSQL HOWTO and the next will be the
> User's Guide. I think I will get a unrevisioned version of the HOWTO until
> the end of this month.

Great! One suggestion; you should keep a copy of the original English
sgml sources (I assume you are translating those??) so that, when
those are updated, you can diff the files and see what needs to be
updated in the translation.

Bom dia...
                 - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [DOCS] Translation to Brazilian Portuguese

От
Joaquim Quinteiro Uchoa
Дата:
On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > Hi, this e-mail is just to inform that I restarted my translation of
> > postgreSQL docs to portuguese... I'm
> > translating now the PostgreSQL HOWTO and the next will be the
> > User's Guide. I think I will get a unrevisioned version of the HOWTO until
> > the end of this month.
>
> Great! One suggestion; you should keep a copy of the original English
> sgml sources (I assume you are translating those??) so that, when
> those are updated, you can diff the files and see what needs to be
> updated in the translation.

Yes, I'm translating from sgml.

> Bom dia...

Bom dia.