Обсуждение: large objects

large objects

Дата:
I noticed that there is no mention of large objects in the users guide,
but it is in the integrated documenation.  Is this intended?

Also, you have been quiet for a while.  Problem?

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [DOCS] large objects

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
Ummm...Thomas' computer blew up this past week...I know he sent me email
on it, and said he'd be offline for a little bit...thought you were CC'd
in on that one...*raised eyebrow*

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I noticed that there is no mention of large objects in the users guide,
> but it is in the integrated documenation.  Is this intended?
>
> Also, you have been quiet for a while.  Problem?
>
> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [DOCS] large objects

> Ummm...Thomas' computer blew up this past week...I know he sent me email
> on it, and said he'd be offline for a little bit...thought you were CC'd
> in on that one...*raised eyebrow*

Yes, he was going away, but I thought he would be back by now.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: large objects

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> I noticed that there is no mention of large objects in the users
> guide, but it is in the integrated documenation.  Is this intended?

The large object chapter shows up in the Programmer's Guide, not in
the User's Guide. istm that large objects should be mentioned in the
User's Guide, if they are not already, but that they are something
that a programmer would want to use, not a non-programming user.
Comments?

> Also, you have been quiet for a while.  Problem?

I've pretty much recovered from failures of two disks, but upgrading
my system to a fresh version of linux. And, I'm now back in town from
a business trip. So, you should be hearing more from me...
                 - Tom