Обсуждение: New document needs markup work

New document needs markup work

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
Stefan Simkovics wrote a Master's Thesis on some modifications to
Postgres. He has donated the text (and the mods) to the project, and all
of it should eventually end up integrated into the formal documentation.

The thesis contains very nice introductory sections on SQL, and I have
committed those to a file doc/src/sgml/sql.sgml for eventual inclusion
in the User's Guide, but have not completed the markup.

Is anyone interested in working on this document? It currently is marked
up in latex, and needs to be converted to sgml. The conversion should
not be difficult, but will take a bit of time to work through (a few
hours? Maybe less). Some help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
                   - Tom

Re: [DOCS] New document needs markup work

Дата:
> Stefan Simkovics wrote a Master's Thesis on some modifications to
> Postgres. He has donated the text (and the mods) to the project, and all
> of it should eventually end up integrated into the formal documentation.
>
> The thesis contains very nice introductory sections on SQL, and I have
> committed those to a file doc/src/sgml/sql.sgml for eventual inclusion
> in the User's Guide, but have not completed the markup.
>
> Is anyone interested in working on this document? It currently is marked
> up in latex, and needs to be converted to sgml. The conversion should
> not be difficult, but will take a bit of time to work through (a few
> hours? Maybe less). Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you get his latex source?  I did not see it in the patch.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [DOCS] New document needs markup work

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
> Did you get his latex source?  I did not see it in the patch.

Yes, I have the latex sources for everything afaik (I think I received
it directly from Stefan). sql.sgml, which I just committed to the
development tree this morning, is sql.tex with the first few paragraphs
marked up for sgml. It is a great match for a cornerstone of the User's
Guide, and there are two or three other major components to his thesis
which will naturally fit into other existing docs.
                      - Tom

Re: [DOCS] New document needs markup work

Дата:
> > Did you get his latex source?  I did not see it in the patch.
>
> Yes, I have the latex sources for everything afaik (I think I received
> it directly from Stefan). sql.sgml, which I just committed to the
> development tree this morning, is sql.tex with the first few paragraphs
> marked up for sgml. It is a great match for a cornerstone of the User's
> Guide, and there are two or three other major components to his thesis
> which will naturally fit into other existing docs.

I was excited about the development section.

Pennsylvania19026