Обсуждение: PostgreSQL leaks under cygwin/W98SE

PostgreSQL leaks under cygwin/W98SE

От
John Sullivan
Дата:
I posted this report to the cygwin mailing list:

It concerns pgsql running fine, for a short time, but then wedging itself
solid due to resource leaks under W98SE. Killing and restarting all cygwin
processes sometimes fixes the problem, but occasionally the resource leaks
have hammered the rest of the system so bad only a reboot gets things
running again.

(I ran a previous cygwin/pgsql version fine under W2K for years, but at
the moment I'm stuck with W98SE. And it's driving me cRaZy :-/)

John
--
Dead stars still burn

Re: PostgreSQL leaks under cygwin/W98SE

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
John,

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 03:42:55PM +0000, John Sullivan wrote:
> I posted this report to the cygwin mailing list:
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-11/msg00227.html

I saw the above, but...

> It concerns pgsql running fine, for a short time, but then wedging itself
> solid due to resource leaks under W98SE. Killing and restarting all cygwin
> processes sometimes fixes the problem, but occasionally the resource leaks
> have hammered the rest of the system so bad only a reboot gets things
> running again.
>
> (I ran a previous cygwin/pgsql version fine under W2K for years, but at
> the moment I'm stuck with W98SE. And it's driving me cRaZy :-/)

I have no access to 9x/Me, so you will have to debug this yourself.

FWIW, I think you will get more traction on the Cygwin list.  I
recommend trying to come up with a small test case, if possible.

Sorry,
Jason