Обсуждение: PostgreSQL for Windows installation

PostgreSQL for Windows installation

От
Steve Riley
Дата:
I'm trying to follow your directions for installing PostgreSQL for
windows under the link http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/faq-mswin.html
but this set of directions seems to be old.  I can no longer download
the cygipc package, as it is "Obsolete".  In the setup.exe, I tried
including under the Utils section the "cygutils" option, but there is
still no ipc-daemon.

What am I supposed to do next?

Thanks,
Steve Riley
seriley@pacbell.net

Re: PostgreSQL for Windows installation

От
"Scott Shattuck"
Дата:
Steve Riley Wrote:
> I'm trying to follow your directions for installing PostgreSQL for
> windows under the link http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/faq-mswin.html
> but this set of directions seems to be old.  I can no longer download
> the cygipc package, as it is "Obsolete".  In the setup.exe, I tried
> including under the Utils section the "cygutils" option, but there is
> still no ipc-daemon.

Try this from a Cygwin terminal:

$ cd /tmp
$ lynx -source
http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/cygipc/cygipc-1.11-1.tar.
bz2 > cygipc-1.11-1.tar.bz2
$ bunzip2.exe cygipc-1.11-1.tar.bz2
$ cd /
$ tar -xvf /tmp/cygipc-1.11-1.tar

Note that the final two steps are a bit unconventional. The tar file expects
to unroll directly into 'usr/local' with no leading '/' so the fastest
install is to cd to root first and then unroll it. Once you've done this:

$ cd /usr/local/bin
$ ls
ipc-daemon.exe  ipck  ipcrm.exe  ipcs.exe  ipctest.exe

I've had mixed results doing the install-as-service approach so I usually
just start the ipc-daemon manually via:

$ ipc-daemon.exe &

> What am I supposed to do next?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve Riley
> seriley@pacbell.net

Re: PostgreSQL for Windows installation

От
Marc Wilhelm Küster
Дата:
Hi!

>I've had mixed results doing the install-as-service approach so I usually
>just start the ipc-daemon manually via: $ ipc-daemon.exe &

This is the way I have tried also but get the following error message when
starting the ipc-daemon:

"Der Prozedureinsprungspunkt "_ctype_" wurde in der DLL "cygwin1.dll" nicht
gefunden"

Unfortunately, I don't have the English version of that error message, but
the gist is that the system complains about not being finding the given
function in the dll.

I get the same error message when trying to compile postgresql from the
sources.

Any ideas what may be going wrong? Has cygwin1.dll recently changes in
incompatible ways?

Thanks for hints!

Best regards,

Marc

Re: PostgreSQL for Windows installation

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
Marc,

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 10:06:37AM +0200, Marc Wilhelm Küster wrote:
> Any ideas what may be going wrong?

Yes, you have an old version of cygwin1.dll somewhere in your PATH:

Find and delete it.

> Has cygwin1.dll recently changes in incompatible ways?

No.

Jason

Re: PostgreSQL for Windows installation

От
Marc Wilhelm Küster
Дата:
Hi!

>On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 10:06:37AM +0200, Marc Wilhelm Küster wrote:
> > Any ideas what may be going wrong?
>
>Yes, you have an old version of cygwin1.dll somewhere in your PATH:
>
>     http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-02/msg01249.html
>
>Find and delete it.

Thanks for the valuable tip that did the trick!

An old cygwin1.dll had come with some product without me being aware of that.

Best regards,

Marc

Marc Wilhelm Küster
Saphor GmbH