Обсуждение: pgsql/src/interfaces/python GNUmakefile

pgsql/src/interfaces/python GNUmakefile

От
petere@postgresql.org
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    petere@postgresql.org    01/12/13 13:39:04

Modified files:
    src/interfaces/python: GNUmakefile

Log message:
    revert last change

Re: pgsql/src/interfaces/python GNUmakefile

От
darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Дата:
Thus spake petere@postgresql.org

> CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
> Module name:    pgsql
> Changes by:    petere@postgresql.org    01/12/13 13:39:04
>
> Modified files:
>     src/interfaces/python: GNUmakefile
>
> Log message:
>     revert last change

Can I ask why please?  These changes were discussed on list and I agreed
to wait for the release before submitting them.

Given that PyGreSQL was supposed to be somewhat autonomous I think that
this should at least have had a little more explanation.

Re: pgsql/src/interfaces/python GNUmakefile

Дата:
darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) writes:
> Can I ask why please?

That change broke the build for the case of building outside the source
tree; cf recent complaint from Trond.

> These changes were discussed on list and I agreed
> to wait for the release before submitting them.

That's what I thought had been agreed to, also.  So why *didn't* you
wait till after the release (ie, till after 7.2/7.3 branch has been
made)?

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql/src/interfaces/python GNUmakefile

От
darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Дата:
Thus spake Tom Lane
> darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) writes:
> > Can I ask why please?
>
> That change broke the build for the case of building outside the source
> tree; cf recent complaint from Trond.

Must have missed that.  I am reviewing it in the archive now.

> > These changes were discussed on list and I agreed
> > to wait for the release before submitting them.
>
> That's what I thought had been agreed to, also.  So why *didn't* you
> wait till after the release (ie, till after 7.2/7.3 branch has been
> made)?

Sorry, I got confused.  I thought that the release was already done.  I
think I got mixed up with 7.1.3 showing up in the NetBSD packages.  I do
apologize.  When is the branch expected?

Re: pgsql/src/interfaces/python GNUmakefile

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
D'Arcy J.M. Cain writes:

> > Log message:
> >     revert last change
>
> Can I ask why please?  These changes were discussed on list and I agreed
> to wait for the release before submitting them.
>
> Given that PyGreSQL was supposed to be somewhat autonomous I think that
> this should at least have had a little more explanation.

1. The changes broke the build.

2. Waiting for release means waiting for release.  I didn't see a release
   yet.

3. It was *not* agreed to wait for the release.  You did not reply to my
   objections to the patch.  As I explained, implementing the python
   compilation this way is broken.

4. PyGresSQL is not autonomous.  I think you shouldn't have moved the
   development into the main tree if you thought so.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net