Обсуждение: pgsql/src include/libpq/libpq-be.h backend/lib ...

pgsql/src include/libpq/libpq-be.h backend/lib ...

От
tgl@postgresql.org
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    tgl@postgresql.org    01/11/11 23:19:15

Modified files:
    src/include/libpq: libpq-be.h
    src/backend/libpq: Makefile
Removed files:
    src/backend/libpq: pqpacket.c

Log message:
    The PacketReceive/PacketSend routines aren't used anymore.

Re: pgsql/src include/libpq/libpq-be.h backend/lib ...

> CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
> Module name:    pgsql
> Changes by:    tgl@postgresql.org    01/11/11 23:19:15
>
> Modified files:
>     src/include/libpq: libpq-be.h
>     src/backend/libpq: Makefile
> Removed files:
>     src/backend/libpq: pqpacket.c
>
> Log message:
>     The PacketReceive/PacketSend routines aren't used anymore.

Woohoo, cruft removal!

Re: pgsql/src include/libpq/libpq-be.h backend/lib ...

Дата:
>> The PacketReceive/PacketSend routines aren't used anymore.

> Woohoo, cruft removal!

Now that I look at it, a lot of the stuff in libpq/libpq-be.h
is cruft ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql/src include/libpq/libpq-be.h backend/lib ...

Дата:
> >> The PacketReceive/PacketSend routines aren't used anymore.
>
> > Woohoo, cruft removal!
>
> Now that I look at it, a lot of the stuff in libpq/libpq-be.h
> is cruft ...

Yep, sure is.  Berkeley guys mucked up in there adding experimental
stuff.

Re: pgsql/src include/libpq/libpq-be.h backend/lib ...

Дата:
>> Not so much that, as that we don't need all that support anymore for
>> incremental packet send/receive in the postmaster.

> TODO item?

Only for another five minutes ;-)

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql/src include/libpq/libpq-be.h backend/lib ...

Дата:
> Woohoo, cruft removal!
>>
>> Now that I look at it, a lot of the stuff in libpq/libpq-be.h
>> is cruft ...

> Yep, sure is.  Berkeley guys mucked up in there adding experimental
> stuff.

Not so much that, as that we don't need all that support anymore for
incremental packet send/receive in the postmaster.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql/src include/libpq/libpq-be.h backend/lib ...

Дата: