Обсуждение: PostgreSQL v8.1.11 compatibility with OS 2008 R2

PostgreSQL v8.1.11 compatibility with OS 2008 R2

От
"Duggirala, Manikanth (TCS)"
Дата:
Hello Team,

=20

Can you please let us know if PostgreSQL v8.1.11 is compatible with OS
2008 R2 ?

=20

Thanks,

Manikanth Duggirala

Misc. Apps Support Team
TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Maharashtra,INDIA.=20
Contact : +918983412923
E-mail : manikanth.duggirala@bp.com <mailto:manikanth.duggirala@bp.com>=20

=20

Re: PostgreSQL v8.1.11 compatibility with OS 2008 R2

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
This is not a bug report. Please post any future questions to a
more appropriate list:

http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

Duggirala, Manikanth (TCS) wrote:

> Can you please let us know if PostgreSQL v8.1.11 is compatible
> with OS 2008 R2 ?

No, it's not.

Problems with PostgreSQL versions prior to 8.2 had problems on
Windows which resulted in early end-of-life for those versions on
any version of Windows. 8.2 has now hit end-of-life after five
years of support, and 8.3 is scheduled to hit end-of-life in two or
three months.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

You should be looking at 9.1 or 9.2 at this point.

-Kevin

Re: PostgreSQL v8.1.11 compatibility with OS 2008 R2

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 12/4/2012 1:38 AM, Duggirala, Manikanth (TCS) wrote:

> Can you please let us know if PostgreSQL v8.1.11 is compatible with OS
> 2008 R2 ?

8.1.anything shouldn't be installed today, its an obsolete deprecated
version.

that said, IIRC, there were major issues with versions prior to 8.3 on
/any/ MS Windows platform.  For a new install, I would be using 9.1 or
9.2, period.

btw, this is NOT a bug report and does NOT belong on this bug report
email list, please use the pgsql-general mail list for this sort of
discussion.