Обсуждение: BUG #5871: database connecting failed

BUG #5871: database connecting failed

От
"cheerag"
Дата:

Bug reference:      5871
Logged by:          cheerag
Email address:      kavish52@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1
Operating system:   Windows XP professional service pack 3
Details:

I have been installing the latest version like 9.0 and i have entered the
password as "test" but when i try to connect it tell me that database cannot
connect...it fails...to connect on local server itself....i downloaded the
8.4 and 8.3....in that version also..there was the same problem. its there
anyway to solve this problem or reset this password....

Re: BUG #5871: database connecting failed

От
Robert Haas
> Operating system: =A0 Windows XP professional service pack 3
> Details:
>
> I have been installing the latest version like 9.0 and i have entered the
> password as "test" but when i try to connect it tell me that database can=
not
> connect...it fails...to connect on local server itself....i downloaded the
> 8.4 and 8.3....in that version also..there was the same problem. its there
> anyway to solve this problem or reset this password....

This report is missing a few key details, such as exactly how you are
trying to connect, and the exact text of whatever error message you
are getting.

--=20
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company