Обсуждение: pgadmin supports on SLES10.3

pgadmin supports on SLES10.3

От
manohar cr
Дата:
Hello..

I am trying to install pgadmin on Suse Linux Enterprise version 10.3.
It is failing to install. I wanted to know, does pgadmin works on SLES
10.3??

Thanks in advance

regards
manohar

Re: pgadmin supports on SLES10.3

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 18:08 +0900, manohar cr wrote:
> I am trying to install pgadmin on Suse Linux Enterprise version 10.3.
> It is failing to install.

What is the error message?
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: pgadmin supports on SLES10.3

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
manohar cr <manohar.cr@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to install pgadmin on Suse Linux Enterprise version
> 10.3.

I've never heard of that.  I've heard of openSUSE 10.3 and I've
heard of SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 10 SP3.  They're not at
all the same thing.  Which do you have?

-Kevin

Re: pgadmin supports on SLES10.3

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Please keep the list copied, so others can contribute, know the
status, and future users with problems can find the resolution of
the issue.

manohar cr <manohar.cr@gmail.com> wrote:

> i have SuSe Linux Enterprise Server(SLES) 10 SP 3
>
> my question is.. does pgadmin works on this version??.

I was going to try it out to see, but there's no package for it
showing in YAST, and I don't really know how you're attempting to
install or what version.  I would expect it to work, though.

> if yess.. i will try to fix the error which is showing..

Sure, go for it.  If it still doesn't work, please re-post with the
details of where you got the software, what version it is, exactly
how you're trying to apply it, and what the error message is.
(Without any of that, it's hard to know what to suggest.)

-Kevin

Re: pgadmin supports on SLES10.3

От
manohar cr
Дата:
Hi Kevin,
Sorry for reply so late.

Here is more detail for you.

I am trying to install pgadmin3 in my suse linux enterprise server 10 with
SP3.
I am trying to install pgadmin3-1.10.2 version. I downloaded this version
from internet.(it is mentioned that it supports for Open suse and suse
linux)
Initially it was not finding c++ compiler. I installed it through yast tool.
Now it is progressing but i am getting a error when i try to configure using
./configure command, the error says
configure: error: Could not find your wxWidgets installation. You might need
to use the --with-wx=DIR configure option

I have searched for the word 'widget', and i installedalll the packages, but
still i could not able to configure. Also after i seeing the script, it says
wx-config should be in usr/bin, but i could not able to find wx-config.
Pls help in installing wx-widget. Last time when i tried to install
wx-wdget, i messed up my whole system, and i had to re install OS. Because i
faced lot of graphical related problems.

i tried downloading wxwdiget and installing, it requires glib2.0, atk1.13,
pango 1.20, cairo 1.6. pixman 0.10.0, freetype, font config. Like this
dependencies keep on growing. When i tried these things, OS was fully
corrupted, i could not able to recover it.
Pls suggest how to overcome this.
*I just need to install PGAdmin3, is it possible on Suselinux? *

Regards
Manohar

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 3:39 AM, Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov
> wrote:

> Please keep the list copied, so others can contribute, know the
> status, and future users with problems can find the resolution of
> the issue.
>
> manohar cr <manohar.cr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > i have SuSe Linux Enterprise Server(SLES) 10 SP 3
> >
> > my question is.. does pgadmin works on this version??.
>
> I was going to try it out to see, but there's no package for it
> showing in YAST, and I don't really know how you're attempting to
> install or what version.  I would expect it to work, though.
>
> > if yess.. i will try to fix the error which is showing..
>
> Sure, go for it.  If it still doesn't work, please re-post with the
> details of where you got the software, what version it is, exactly
> how you're trying to apply it, and what the error message is.
> (Without any of that, it's hard to know what to suggest.)
>
> -Kevin

Re: pgadmin supports on SLES10.3

От
Scott Mead
Дата:
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:29 AM, manohar cr <manohar.cr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
> Sorry for reply so late.
>
> Here is more detail for you.
>
> I am trying to install pgadmin3 in my suse linux enterprise server 10 with
> SP3.
> I am trying to install pgadmin3-1.10.2 version. I downloaded this version
> from internet.(it is mentioned that it supports for Open suse and suse
> linux)
> Initially it was not finding c++ compiler. I installed it through yast
> tool.
> Now it is progressing but i am getting a error when i try to configure
> using ./configure command, the error says
> configure: error: Could not find your wxWidgets installation. You might
> need to use the --with-wx=DIR configure option
>
> I have searched for the word 'widget', and i installedalll the packages,
> but still i could not able to configure. Also after i seeing the script, it
> says wx-config should be in usr/bin, but i could not able to find wx-config.
> Pls help in installing wx-widget. Last time when i tried to install
> wx-wdget, i messed up my whole system, and i had to re install OS. Because i
> faced lot of graphical related problems.
>
> i tried downloading wxwdiget and installing, it requires glib2.0, atk1.13,
> pango 1.20, cairo 1.6. pixman 0.10.0, freetype, font config. Like this
> dependencies keep on growing. When i tried these things, OS was fully
> corrupted, i could not able to recover it.
> Pls suggest how to overcome this.

Firstly, this isn't a bug.  This is PgAdmin3 telling you what its
pre-requisites are, and wxWidgets (a GUI framework) is required to compile
the tool.  You aren't technically 'installing' it here, you are 'compiling'.

> *I just need to install PGAdmin3, is it possible on Suselinux? *

  Have you tried the OpenSuse RPMS?
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/release/v1.10.0/opensuse/11.1/

If all else fails,  download the one-click installer for your platform.  It
has PGAdmin in there.

--Scott