Обсуждение: pgsql-jdbc/pgsql-odbc

pgsql-jdbc/pgsql-odbc

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
I see that there's been no response to bugs #5194, #5187, #5051.
Should we consider adding a message to the bug reporting page that
suggests emailing the relevant list directly for JDBC/ODBC bugs?  We
seem to get a lot of those here.  The other frequent one that seems to
come up is the one-click installer.  I think this has been discussed
before but I can't now recollect whether there was any clear
conclusion or what it was.  I just feel bad for people who email us
hoping for help and get no response at all.

...Robert

Re: pgsql-jdbc/pgsql-odbc

Дата:
> I see that there's been no response to bugs #5194, #5187, #5051.
> Should we consider adding a message to the bug reporting page that
> suggests emailing the relevant list directly for JDBC/ODBC bugs?

+1.  Either that or somebody takes responsibility for forwarding
bug reports, which might be nicer but I don't know who would want
to do it.

> We seem to get a lot of those here.  The other frequent one that seems to
> come up is the one-click installer.  I think this has been discussed
> before but I can't now recollect whether there was any clear
> conclusion or what it was.  I just feel bad for people who email us
> hoping for help and get no response at all.

I'm less sure about the 1-click installer.  I suspect that a lot of the
people filing bugs here couldn't really tell whether their problem is
specific to the installer or not.  In any case, some of the relevant
EDB people (Dave Page for instance) do monitor this list, so
theoretically people should get answers anyway.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql-jdbc/pgsql-odbc

От
Kris Jurka
Дата:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Tom Lane wrote:

>> I see that there's been no response to bugs #5194, #5187, #5051.
>> Should we consider adding a message to the bug reporting page that
>> suggests emailing the relevant list directly for JDBC/ODBC bugs?
>
> +1.  Either that or somebody takes responsibility for forwarding
> bug reports, which might be nicer but I don't know who would want
> to do it.

I do read -bugs and try to follow up on all JDBC bug reports.  Notably
none of the above referenced bug numbers are JDBC problems.  I think the
problem is trying to determine what projects in the entire postgresql
ecosystem deserve special mention on the bug reporting page.

Surely there must be at least one ODBC person subscribed to -bugs.  What
about just asking them to be more responsive even if they don't have a
solution?

Kris Jurka

Re: pgsql-jdbc/pgsql-odbc

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> I'm less sure about the 1-click installer. =A0I suspect that a lot of the
> people filing bugs here couldn't really tell whether their problem is
> specific to the installer or not. =A0In any case, some of the relevant
> EDB people (Dave Page for instance) do monitor this list, so
> theoretically people should get answers anyway.

Most of them are system or user-specific issues these days - and yes,
there are EDB people watching the list for issues.

--=20
Dave Page