Обсуждение: BUG #5186: Not install daemon

BUG #5186: Not install daemon

От
"obelich"
Дата:

Bug reference:      5186
Logged by:          obelich
Email address:      obelich@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.1
Operating system:   Opensuse 11.2
Details:

Hi we want to report a problem in the instalation with .bin file in Opensuse
11.2 this one give send a message problem, then dont install the daemon to
start PostgreSQL service, send the follow error

Problem runing post-install step. installation may not complete correctly la
inicializacion del cluster de la base de datos fallo

The initialization for the cluster as fail

Sorry my english is bad and the message up in spanish

Re: BUG #5186: Not install daemon

От
Robert Haas
> Hi we want to report a problem in the instalation with .bin file in Opens=
use
> 11.2 this one give send a message problem, then dont install the daemon to
> start PostgreSQL service, send the follow error
>
> Problem runing post-install step. installation may not complete correctly=
 la
> inicializacion del cluster de la base de datos fallo
>
> The initialization for the cluster as fail
>
> Sorry my english is bad and the message up in spanish

I think you might want to report this problem to OpenSuse.  If there's
a bug here, it sounds like a packaging problem, rather than a
PostgreSQL problem.

...Robert

Re: BUG #5186: Not install daemon

От
Scott Mead
Дата:
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 9:50 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 8:52 PM, obelich <obelich@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi we want to report a problem in the instalation with .bin file in
> Opensuse
> > 11.2 this one give send a message problem, then dont install the daemon
> > start PostgreSQL service, send the follow error
> >
> ..snip..
>
> I think you might want to report this problem to OpenSuse.  If there's
> a bug here, it sounds like a packaging problem, rather than a
> PostgreSQL problem.
>

>   I agree it's a packaging thing, but if it's a '.bin' file, it could be
the one-click installers.  It'd be helpful to know where the OP downloaded
the installers from.

--Scott

Re: BUG #5186: Not install daemon

От