Обсуждение: When Drop Table or alter Table I need restart service Posgresql - 8.1 ?????

When Drop Table or alter Table I need restart service Posgresql - 8.1 ?????

От
fabiofurlan
Дата:
Hi.

I do not any idea.

When i drop table or alter table, i need restart service postgresql 8.1,
because is impossible new connect or
because the changes are not visible.

Gnu Linux Debian 4.0
PostgreSQL 8.1

Thanks a lot.

Re: When Drop Table or alter Table I need restart service Posgresql - 8.1 ?????

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 9:36 AM, fabiofurlan<spdebian@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I do not any idea.
>
> When i drop table or alter table, i need restart service postgresql 8.1,
> because is impossible new connect or
> because the changes are not visible.

no, you don't have to. you have a specific problem of this kind?

--=20
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova
Soporte y capacitaci=C3=B3n de PostgreSQL
Asesor=C3=ADa y desarrollo de sistemas
Guayaquil - Ecuador
Cel. +59387171157

Re: When Drop Table or alter Table I need restart service Posgresql - 8.1 ?????

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM, fabiofurlan<spdebian@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I do not any idea.
>
> When i drop table or alter table, i need restart service postgresql 8.1,
> because is impossible new connect or
> because the changes are not visible.
>
> Gnu Linux Debian 4.0
> PostgreSQL 8.1
>

> Thanks a lot.

Maybe you are doing this inside a transaction someplace?  If so, it
won't be visible to other transactions until you commit.

...Robert

Re: When Drop Table or alter Table I need restart service Posgresql - 8.1 ?????

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Robert Haas<robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe you are doing this inside a transaction someplace? =C2=A0If so, it
> won't be visible to other transactions until you commit.

but then, if he simply restart the service the transaction will rollback