Обсуждение: failed to run initdb: 255!

failed to run initdb: 255!

От
WarrenDLC
Дата:
I've been running the installation and when it comes to initialize the first
database cluster, initdb freezes and closes. the install continues with a
"non fatal" error, but the installation does not work correctly.
I have removed old users using net user <name> delete
I have removed old postgres services using sc delete <name>
I have removed all postgres folders and old user folders.

is there anything else i can do?

included below is my installation log.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p23807470/install-postgresql.log
install-postgresql.log

Any help would be tremendously appreciated. thank you for your time.

Re: failed to run initdb: 255!

От
tolszak
WarrenDLC wrote:

> I've been running the installation and when it comes to initialize the
> first database cluster, initdb freezes and closes. the install continues
> with a "non fatal" error, but the installation does not work correctly.
> I have removed old users using net user <name> delete
> I have removed old postgres services using sc delete <name>
> I have removed all postgres folders and old user folders.
>
> is there anything else i can do?
>

> included below is my installation log.
>  http://www.nabble.com/file/p23807470/install-postgresql.log
> install-postgresql.log
>
> Any help would be tremendously appreciated. thank you for your time.

Are you using enterprisedb installer?

Re: failed to run initdb: 255!

От
WarrenDLC
>> I've been running the installation and when it comes to initialize the
>> first database cluster, initdb freezes and closes. the install continues
>> with a "non fatal" error, but the installation does not work correctly.
>> I have removed old users using net user <name> delete
>> I have removed old postgres services using sc delete <name>
>> I have removed all postgres folders and old user folders.
>>
>> is there anything else i can do?
>>

>> included below is my installation log.
>>  http://www.nabble.com/file/p23807470/install-postgresql.log
>> install-postgresql.log
>>
>> Any help would be tremendously appreciated. thank you for your time.
>>

> Are you using enterprisedb installer?

Re: failed to run initdb: 255!

От
WarrenDLC
Дата:
Well, i'm currently using Vista home premium.
I've actually tried the MSI's from the link you've sent. the same problems
occur.

tolszak wrote:

> WarrenDLC wrote:
>>
>> Yes I am
>>

> I used enterprisedb installer for PostgreSql beta 2 8.4 and encounter
> similar behaviour.
> I used msi installers from  http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/  and it worked fine.
> I think EnterpriseDb installer couldn't start postgresql service on
> Windows Xp. I didn't have much time to find out what cause this problem,
> but MSI installers worked.

Re: failed to run initdb: 255!

От
tolszak
WarrenDLC wrote:

> Yes I am

I used enterprisedb installer for PostgreSql beta 2 8.4 and encounter
similar behaviour.
I used msi installers from  http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/  and it worked fine.
I think EnterpriseDb installer couldn't start postgresql service on Windows
Xp. I didn't have much time to find out what cause this problem, but MSI
installers worked.

Re: failed to run initdb: 255!

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:21 AM, tolszak <tolszak@o2.pl> wrote:

> I used enterprisedb installer for PostgreSql beta 2 8.4 and encounter
> similar behaviour.

Please try the test build from
http://developer.pgadmin.org/~dpage/postgresql-8.4.0-1b2-windows.exe.
It should resolve the permissions errors and errors reading
postgresql.conf that a couple of people have reported recently.

Regards, Dave.

--
Dave Page

Re: failed to run initdb: 255!