Обсуждение: installation bug-cannot create user name

installation bug-cannot create user name

От
smithat@email.unc.edu
Дата:
Hi,

I tried downloading this product because it is required in order for me
to use another program I paid for, pokertracker.   Yet whenever I try
installing postgreSQL it brings up an error message that last part of
the install saying "could not create user name"   and then some other
stuff about how this may affect post-install operations.  Anyone know
what I can do to get this program on my computer??

Thanks,

Tate Smith

Re: installation bug-cannot create user name

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
>>> <smithat@email.unc.edu> wrote:

> installing postgreSQL it brings up an error message that last part of

> the install saying "could not create user name"   and then some other

> stuff about how this may affect post-install operations.

People will have a hard time offering useful suggestions without more
detail.

What operating system?

What version of PostgreSQL?

How are you installing it?

What is the exact and full text of the messages, including any user
name?

Does the user name it can't create already exist on your system?

-Kevin