Обсуждение: BUG #1154: no python interface anymore

BUG #1154: no python interface anymore

От
"PostgreSQL Bugs List"
Дата:

Bug reference:      1154
Logged by:          Jeroen

Email address:      yruhn@xdh.nl

PostgreSQL version: 7.4

Operating system:   fedora

Details:

Even though PostgreSQl 7.3 installation does have a directory
src/interface/python/ with the files pg.py and pgdb.py, version 7.4 does
not! This prevents a (very useful) working Python interface for version 7.4!
Was it deliberately left out in version 7.4?

Please re-enable a python-interface installation for newer versions!

Re: BUG #1154: no python interface anymore

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Freitag, 14. Mai 2004 09:25 schrieb PostgreSQL Bugs List:
> Even though PostgreSQl 7.3 installation does have a directory
> src/interface/python/ with the files pg.py and pgdb.py, version 7.4 does
> not! This prevents a (very useful) working Python interface for version
> 7.4! Was it deliberately left out in version 7.4?

Yes.  It was supposed to move to http://www.pygresql.org, but that web site
doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Re: BUG #1154: no python interface anymore

Дата:
> Yes.  It was supposed to move to http://www.pygresql.org, but that web site
> doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Hmm.  whois shows the pygresql.org domain as PENDING DELETE, but the
reason is not apparent since it seems to be paid up through 2005.
D'Arcy, what's up?

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #1154: no python interface anymore

От
"yruhn"
Дата:
Dear support,

In the unfortuenate case that the pygreSQL directory won't be re-added in future PostgreSQL versions, then, at the
least,configuring PostgreSQL with the --with-python option should give some kind of error/warning when the directory is
empty(and also an instruction of what to do).

Kind regards,

Yruhn

From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Date:  Fri, 14 May 2004 08:21:28 -0400

Sent via the WebMail system at xdh.nl

Re: BUG #1154: no python interface anymore

От
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain"
Дата:
On Fri, 14 May 2004 08:21:28 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Yes.  It was supposed to move to http://www.pygresql.org, but that
> > web site doesn't seem to exist anymore.
>
> Hmm.  whois shows the pygresql.org domain as PENDING DELETE, but the
> reason is not apparent since it seems to be paid up through 2005.
> D'Arcy, what's up?

Sorry to take so long to answer.  OpenSRS, our domain registrar, messed
up.  We were on automatic renewal which occurred but they forgot to send
the money to the central registry and so we wound up with that strange
combo above.  We got them straightened out and it should be OK now.

Now, if I can just figure out why our secondary isn't picking up the
zone I will be fine.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves