Обсуждение: cube does not compile with newer flex

cube does not compile with newer flex

От
Bartosch Pixa
Дата:
Hi,

first of all sorry if this is the wrong list.

i was trying to install pgsql 7.3 on my system and had some problems
with contrib/cube. it only compiled after i downgraded flex to a older
version (in my case 2.5.23 -> 2.5.4a) seems like the the generated
cubescan.c is incompatible.

plz cc me as i don't recive mail from this list, or to let me know that
i should send this to another list

regards

Bartosch

Re: cube does not compile with newer flex

Дата:
Bartosch Pixa <dante@inworld.de> writes:
> i was trying to install pgsql 7.3 on my system and had some problems
> with contrib/cube. it only compiled after i downgraded flex to a older
> version (in my case 2.5.23 -> 2.5.4a) seems like the the generated
> cubescan.c is incompatible.

What is flex 2.5.23?  AFAICS 2.5.4a is still the newest release version
(there's nothing newer on the GNU mirrors, nor according to freshmeat).

I'd suggest filing this bug report with the flex folk, instead.

            regards, tom lane

Re: cube does not compile with newer flex

От
Bartosch Pixa
Дата:
Quoting Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:

> What is flex 2.5.23?  AFAICS 2.5.4a is still the newest release
version
> (there's nothing newer on the GNU mirrors, nor according to
freshmeat).

flex is non-gnu, the official site is afaik :
http://astro.temple.edu/~john43/flex/

regards

Bartosch

Re: cube does not compile with newer flex

Дата:
Bartosch Pixa <dante@inworld.de> writes:
> Quoting Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> What is flex 2.5.23?

> flex is non-gnu, the official site is afaik :
> http://astro.temple.edu/~john43/flex/

That also says:

 Last official release
     (July 1997) flex-2.5.4a.tar.gz is the most recent official release.

I don't think it's our problem to be compatible with unreleased alpha
versions of tools; at least not without the tool authors explaining why
our code is wrong rather than it being a bug in the alpha tool.  So,
again, send it to them first.  Or do the legwork yourself and send us
a patch.  I'm not interested in installing an alpha flex to investigate
it here.

            regards, tom lane