Обсуждение: COPY FROM is not 8bit clean

COPY FROM is not 8bit clean

От
Darcy Buskermolen
Дата:
ACK!!!!! must rember which MTA I'm useing...
When useing COPY FROM 'file' DELIMITER '\254' copyfrom reads past the
delimiter and ends up with parse errors when trying to do the insert

Re: COPY FROM is not 8bit clean

Дата:
Darcy Buskermolen <darcy@ok-connect.com> writes:
> When useing COPY FROM 'file' DELIMITER '\254' copyfrom reads past the
> delimiter and ends up with parse errors when trying to do the insert

Are you perhaps operating in a multibyte encoding in which \254 is
just the first byte of a multibyte character?

I'm not sure what we do in such a case, and even less sure what we
should do ... but I am entirely prepared to believe that we don't
do the Right Thing ...

            regards, tom lane