Обсуждение: postgres error on debian woody

postgres error on debian woody

От
Marco Giardini
Дата:
after having upgraded my linux debia woody release to all the new
packagesm postgresql does not run anymore.
The error i get is:

Starting PostgreSQL postmaster.
shift: can't shift that many

Please help me.
thanks

dr. ing. marco giardini
ing. Marco Giardini                           Cell +39 347 2548824
TecnoGi spa                                   Tel. +39 0321 885422
Via del Vallo 7                               Fax  +39 0321 885333
Borgolavezzaro (NO)                         http://www.tecnogi.com
Key fingerprint = B5 B4 AA 91 89 50 43 8F  B1 6B C6 8C 34 79 5A 7F

Re: postgres error on debian woody

Дата:
Marco Giardini <marco@tecnogi.com> writes:
> after having upgraded my linux debia woody release to all the new
> packagesm postgresql does not run anymore.
> The error i get is:

> Starting PostgreSQL postmaster.
> shift: can't shift that many

This looks like it must be an error in the shell script that is supposed
to invoke Postgres.  Since that's not our code, we can't help you.
Check with the Debian packagers.

            regards, tom lane

Re: postgres error on debian woody

От
Federico Di Gregorio
Дата:
Il mer, 2002-01-16 alle 18:34, Marco Giardini ha scritto:
> after having upgraded my linux debia woody release to all the new
> packagesm postgresql does not run anymore.
> The error i get is:
>=20
> Starting PostgreSQL postmaster.
> shift: can't shift that many

this bited me too. why don't you use the Debian Bug Tracking
(http://bugs.debian.org/) system to report distribution-specific bugs?=20

ciao,
federico
=20
--=20
Federico Di Gregorio
INIT.D Developer                                           fog@initd.org
                           Don't dream it. Be it. -- Dr. Frank'n'further