Обсуждение: PostgreSQL Weekly News - November 13 2005

PostgreSQL Weekly News - November 13 2005

От
David Fetter
Дата:
== PostgreSQL Weekly News - November 13 2005 ==

PostgreSQL 8.1 released :)  Get the details here.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/whatsnew

PostgreSQL 8.1.0 is now in the OpenBSD ports tree

Teodor Sigaev has been making lots of improvements to tsearch2, a
full-text search engine.

There have been lively discussions on -hackers of MERGE and
multi-table indexes.  Let's keep it lively!

The folks at SRA sent some marketing material to a list of emails
they'd collected.  Although they quickly apologized for sending it to
the wrong list, they have yet to destroy that list and commit not to
collect another one.

== PostgreSQL Product News ==

Wikipgedia 0.0.2 released.
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/wikipedia/

PL/sh 1.2 released.
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/plsh/

Greenplum has released Bizgres MPP Beta.
http://www.greenplum.com/mpp-beta/

pgPool 2.6.5 released.
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgpool/

PostgreSQL RPM Building Project has built 8.1.0 RPMs for many platforms.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-announce/2005-11/msg00017.php

PostgreSQL RPM Building Project has released a document about how to
install PostgreSQL RPMs on Red Hat / Fedora Core machines.
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000048

Slony-I 1.1 has been changed to work with PostgreSQL 8.1.  There are
no plans to back-patch Slony-I 1.0, so please take this opportunity to
upgrade.

psqlODBC 08.01.0100 is out.
http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.418

pgAdmin 1.4.0 released
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/beta/

== PostgreSQL Local ==

PostgreSQL Turkish User Group Web Page is up
http://www.PostgreSQL.org.tr

== PostgreSQL in the News ==

Andrew Dunstan has published an article on using Perl with PostgreSQL
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/databases/2005/11/10/using-perl-in-postgresql.html

Planet PostgreSQL: http://www.planetpostgresql.org/

General Bits, published on Mondays (PST/PDT):
http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/

PostgreSQL Weekly News is brought to you this week by David Fetter
and Devrim Gunduz

Re: PostgreSQL Weekly News - November 13 2005

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 11:15:09PM -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> == PostgreSQL Weekly News - November 13 2005 ==
>
> Slony-I 1.1 has been changed to work with PostgreSQL 8.1.  There are
> no plans to back-patch Slony-I 1.0, so please take this opportunity to
> upgrade.

Folks,

I made a mistake about the Slony-I updates for PostgreSQL 8.1.
Although the CVS branches have these changes, the changes are not yet
production quality, and so those changes have not yet been released.
The Slony-I team hopes to release these changes on or about November
28.

I apologize for the inconvenience I have caused, and am working more
closely with the rest of the Slony-I team to coordinate announcements
with facts on the ground.

Sincerely,
David.
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!