Обсуждение: Evidence of the size of our Windows user base

Evidence of the size of our Windows user base

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
All,

 From pgFoundry, data going back to 2005:

Top Project Downloads
(1,031,198) PostgreSQL OLE DB provider for Windows
(910,211) Npgsql .Net Data Provider for Postgresql

So, we may not hear from our Windows users that often, but there's a lot
of them ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Evidence of the size of our Windows user base

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> From pgFoundry, data going back to 2005:
>
> Top Project Downloads
> (1,031,198) PostgreSQL OLE DB provider for Windows
> (910,211) Npgsql .Net Data Provider for Postgresql
>
> So, we may not hear from our Windows users that often, but there's a lot of
> them ...

Bear in mind that the 8.0 through 8.2 versions of the PostgreSQL
windows installer included those packages, so users of the server
didn't need to download them separately. In 8.3 and above, they can be
downloaded using StackBuilder, and the numbers will also not be
counted in the figures you quote.

So things may be even rosier than you imagine :-)

--
Dave Page