Обсуждение: To all Postgres OSCON speakers

To all Postgres OSCON speakers

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Folks,

Some of you are speaking at OSCON this year.  If you have not been in
Damian Conway's "Presentation Aikido" tutorial before, I strongly urge
you to take advantage of the free seminar being offered to OSCON
speakers.  No matter how experienced you are, it will improve your
presentation skills ... and we need as many great Postgres speakers as
we can get!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: To all Postgres OSCON speakers

От
Santiago Zarate
Дата:
Is there a way to get a video of the talk?... would be great for those
who can't be there?... or even the slides... :)

I've been giving talks for some time in Venezuela, but i still feel like
i need an improvement in my talks... so having more tips would be great...

Josh Berkus escribió:
> Folks,
>
> Some of you are speaking at OSCON this year.  If you have not been in
> Damian Conway's "Presentation Aikido" tutorial before, I strongly urge
> you to take advantage of the free seminar being offered to OSCON
> speakers.  No matter how experienced you are, it will improve your
> presentation skills ... and we need as many great Postgres speakers as
> we can get!

Re: To all Postgres OSCON speakers

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 6/10/09 11:59 AM, Santiago Zarate wrote:
> Is there a way to get a video of the talk?... would be great for those
> who can't be there?... or even the slides... :)

Only if I do one in the future.  Damian gets paid a *lot* for his
seminars, so there won't be any free public video.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
www.pgexperts.com

Re: To all Postgres OSCON speakers

От
Emanuel Calvo Franco
Дата:
> Some of you are speaking at OSCON this year.  If you have not been in Damian
> Conway's "Presentation Aikido" tutorial before, I strongly urge you to take
> advantage of the free seminar being offered to OSCON speakers.  No matter
> how experienced you are, it will improve your presentation skills ... and we
> need as many great Postgres speakers as we can get!

I've give talks here in BsAs of Pgsql+Osol and 'Performance and statistisc
on Pgsql' and 'Perl + Pgsql' (and others), but is too many far for me now ! :)

You can access my presentations on www.emanuelcalvofranco.com.ar and
http://www.arpug.com.ar/trac/attachment/wiki/PgDayUnnoba/PDF_mpp.pdf
(it needs more improvement, at least more content).

--
              Emanuel Calvo Franco
ArPUG [www.arpug.com.ar] / AOSUG Member
        www.emanuelcalvofranco.com.ar

Re: To all Postgres OSCON speakers

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 6/10/09 11:59 AM, Santiago Zarate wrote:
>> Is there a way to get a video of the talk?... would be great for those
>> who can't be there?... or even the slides... :)
>
> Only if I do one in the future.  Damian gets paid a *lot* for his
> seminars, so there won't be any free public video.

I'm pretty sure I read his slides some years ago, so they must be
somewhere online.  It's simple matter of searching ...