Обсуждение: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Selena, JD, All:

What conferences do we have coming up in the US for which we'd need to
ship T-shirts and the pop-up display?

Please speak up anyone who's doing a booth at a conference.

I currently have 5 boxes of shirts sitting in my car which I have no
place to store.  So they need to get shipped *somewhere*.

--Josh Berkus

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
> Selena, JD, All:
>
> What conferences do we have coming up in the US for which we'd need to
> ship T-shirts and the pop-up display?

We mentioned at SCALE that we will need it for LFNW.

> Please speak up anyone who's doing a booth at a conference.
>
> I currently have 5 boxes of shirts sitting in my car which I have no
> place to store.  So they need to get shipped *somewhere*.

You can just ship them to me. I will make sure they get where they need
to go.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Josh,

> You can just ship them to me. I will make sure they get where they need
> to go.

Do we need *all* of the shirts for LFNW and OSB?  I'd like to avoid (in
the future) shipping the entire print run of shirts when we only expect
to sell 25.

How many shirts will we need for LFNW?  OSB?

--Josh

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
> Josh,
>
> > You can just ship them to me. I will make sure they get where they need
> > to go.
>
> Do we need *all* of the shirts for LFNW and OSB?  I'd like to avoid (in
> the future) shipping the entire print run of shirts when we only expect
> to sell 25.

Well "selling" shirts depends on who is doing it and the show of course.
I am surprised we only sold 25 at SCALE. I think we should defer to
Selena and who she expects to be in the booth for how many we are going
to sell.

> How many shirts will we need for LFNW?  OSB?

LFNW is expecting upward of 1000 people. How many of those will want
shirts is unknown. We are having a PgDay there so we may get some
traffic.

What is OSB?

We should keep a reasonable number on hand based on any show. If you
consider at least 10 shirts of each size per sex we are still talking ~
100 shirts that are shipping around. Granted, that is better than 200.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Josh,

> Well "selling" shirts depends on who is doing it and the show of course.
> I am surprised we only sold 25 at SCALE. I think we should defer to
> Selena and who she expects to be in the booth for how many we are going
> to sell.

There were several booths giving away shirts for free.  And I don't know
that it's 25; I don't have a count yet.  That's the right neighborhood,
though.

www.opensourcebridge.org

> We should keep a reasonable number on hand based on any show. If you
> consider at least 10 shirts of each size per sex we are still talking ~
> 100 shirts that are shipping around. Granted, that is better than 200.

So you think you need 100 for LFNW?  OK.

BTW, suggestion: baby-blue women's shirts are suggested donation of $5
rather than $20.  We have *way* too many of them.

--Josh

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
> Josh,

> > LFNW is expecting upward of 1000 people. How many of those will want
> > shirts is unknown. We are having a PgDay there so we may get some
> > traffic.
> >
> > What is OSB?
>
> www.opensourcebridge.org

Oh right.. duh. Well that would be a deferment to Selena as well. I know
nothing of that conference.

> > We should keep a reasonable number on hand based on any show. If you
> > consider at least 10 shirts of each size per sex we are still talking ~
> > 100 shirts that are shipping around. Granted, that is better than 200.
>
> So you think you need 100 for LFNW?  OK.
>
> BTW, suggestion: baby-blue women's shirts are suggested donation of $5
> rather than $20.  We have *way* too many of them.

We are taking a loss at 5. 10 is a better option.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Josh,

> We are taking a loss at 5. 10 is a better option.

We're taking a loss regardless.  Better to get something for the shirts
than to hold onto them and eventually throw them away.  We have more
women's L and XL shirts than we will ever get rid of, especially since
the fabric on the women's shirts is lower quality and we'll want to
replace them as soon as someone finds a better source.

--Josh

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
> Josh,
>
> > We are taking a loss at 5. 10 is a better option.
>
> We're taking a loss regardless.  Better to get something for the shirts
> than to hold onto them and eventually throw them away.  We have more
> women's L and XL shirts than we will ever get rid of, especially since
> the fabric on the women's shirts is lower quality and we'll want to
> replace them as soon as someone finds a better source.

I just need someone to tell me what weight they want. When I tried to
get the same weight was the men's I was told it would be too heavy. So
some lady needs to step up and say what they want. We have a
manufacturing source, that isn't the problem.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 16:04 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Well "selling" shirts depends on who is doing it and the show of course.
> I am surprised we only sold 25 at SCALE.

FYI, we sold far fewer shirts at FOSDEM than we expected. The only
theories we came up with were that other stands were selling their
shirts for sky-high prices so noone was bothering to look at any. Oh,
and the downturn in global economy of course.

Stuffed Slonik's and mugs on the other hand, were flying off the table
almost as fast as we could unpack them (well, nearly :-p), despite the
fact the elephants go for 25 Euros each.

--
Dave Page

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On 25 feb 2009, at 09.33, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com
> > wrote:
>> On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 16:04 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> Well "selling" shirts depends on who is doing it and the show of
>> course.
>> I am surprised we only sold 25 at SCALE.
>
> FYI, we sold far fewer shirts at FOSDEM than we expected. The

I'd go further and say almost none. Did we even reach 10?

And iirc we also lowered the price after a while due to bad sales, and
still didn't sell any more.

> only
> theories we came up with were that other stands were selling their
> shirts for sky-high prices so noone was bothering to look at any. Oh,
> and the downturn in global economy of course.

Perhaps people have enough tshirts already? Nah, there's always use
for one more.

> Stuffed Slonik's and mugs on the other hand, were flying off the table
> almost as fast as we could unpack them (well, nearly :-p), despite the
> fact the elephants go for 25 Euros each.

The stress balls were also pretty popular. Being only €1 surely
helped that.

I'd definitely recommend the us folks to also get both elephants and
stressballs! If you want to investigate this, be sure to talk to us
pgeu folks first - we're looking to do a new batch and can maybe find
a way to push costs down together. I know ads gas investigated that
some before.

/Magnus

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>> FYI, we sold far fewer shirts at FOSDEM than we expected. The
>
> I'd go further and say almost none. Did we even reach 10?

Oh, for sure. They kept going in runs of a few at a time. I'd guess we
shifted 15 - 20 that I saw. Possibly more while I was at talks.

--
Dave Page

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
Emanuel Calvo Franco
Дата:
Don't forget to send some t-shirts to argentina's pug!

2009/2/25 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
>>> FYI, we sold far fewer shirts at FOSDEM than we expected. The
>>
>> I'd go further and say almost none. Did we even reach 10?
>
> Oh, for sure. They kept going in runs of a few at a time. I'd guess we
> shifted 15 - 20 that I saw. Possibly more while I was at talks.
>
> --
> Dave Page
> EnterpriseDB UK:   http://www.enterprisedb.com

      Emanuel Calvo Franco
        Sumate al ARPUG !
      (www.postgres-arg.org -
         www.arpug.com.ar)
    ArPUG / AOSUG Member
   Postgresql Support & Admin

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Emanuel Calvo Franco wrote:
> Don't forget to send some t-shirts to argentina's pug!

We certainly have the shirts, but I'm pretty sure shipping & customs
would be more than having them printed there.

--Josh

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
gabrielle
> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:59:11 -0800
> From: "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>
> To: Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>
> Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy@postgresql.org>
> Subject: Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts
>
> I just need someone to tell me what weight they want. When I tried to
> get the same weight was the men's I was told it would be too heavy. So
> some lady needs to step up and say what they want. We have a
> manufacturing source, that isn't the problem.

Three popular choices:

American Apparel #2102: http://store.americanapparel.net/2102.html

American Apparel #4305: http://store.americanapparel.net/4305.html

Bella #1001: http://www.bella.com/items.php?deptid=2&itemid=35

AA #4305 and Bella #1001 are nearly identical and are heavier weight
than AA #2102.  The advantage of AA #2102 is that it's longer and has
more print room.  (My preference is AA #4305.)

gabrielle (the one with two "L"s)

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Josh,

OK, it looks like we moved about 20 shirts.  How many did you ship to LA
in the first place?

And should I ship them to you, or to Selena?

--Josh

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 15:36 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
> OK, it looks like we moved about 20 shirts.  How many did you ship to LA
> in the first place?

I shipped whatever I had, I sent the inventory to the list a while back.

> And should I ship them to you, or to Selena?

*shrug* I am not picky. Selena is running the booth, I am just running
the talks. Either way we will both be there. Selena?

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: US Conferences in next 5 months, shirts

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Josh,

> I shipped whatever I had, I sent the inventory to the list a while back.

Ah, found it.  Ok, I'll just pull a few out for SFPUG and ship the rest.
  We have just enough Men's for LFNW, and while there's too many
Women's, we'll have a fire sale and get rid of them.

--Josh