Обсуждение: POLL: Women-sized t-shirts for PostgreSQL

POLL: Women-sized t-shirts for PostgreSQL

От
"Selena Deckelmann"
Дата:
Hello,

I have been looking into getting some woman-sized PostgreSQL shirts,
in addition to the more typical men-sized tshirts. The particular
style is American Apparel shirts, style # 2102. They are "normal
looking" t-shirts, just proportioned a bit more correctly for a
woman's body. The shirt says 'PostgreSQL' in small print on the front,
and has the big elephant logo on the back. We'll most likely ask for a
$20 donation to the PostgreSQL non-profit for each shirt.

So, I'm conducting a small poll:

If you are interested in a woman-sized shirt, please EMAIL ME DIRECTLY
with a quantity, and size (XS, S, M, L, XL). If you would not wear a
PostgreSQL woman-sized shirt yourself, please consider whether you
would maybe get one as a gift for someone else this holiday season :)

I would be overjoyed to have my mailbox clogged with requests, so
please don't be shy!

Your email will not be considered an official order request - I'm just
trying to get a feel for the numbers. Also, feel free to forward this
to anyone you think might be interested.

Thanks!
--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group

Re: [GENERAL] POLL: Women-sized t-shirts for PostgreSQL

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:47:00 -0800 (PST)
Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Wed, 11/21/07, Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have been looking into getting some woman-sized
> > PostgreSQL shirts,
> > in addition to the more typical men-sized tshirts. The
>
> Later on, would you consider doing this again for men and women sized
> polo shirts?
>
> I've already purchased one a while back from a business that must
> have gone out of business because they are no longer selling these
> shirts.  I liked the XL shirt that I bought in every way except I
> that I think that the manufactures in Mexico must have different
> standards on shirt sizes than the US.  It seems sized like a medium
> to large and it fits me like a glove. But there is a plus side to its
> sizing, I never need to iron out the wrinkles to give it that nice
> pressed look. :o)

We have considered getting Polos as well as normal shirts. The normal
shirts are your basic 6.1 oz 100% cotton. No iron required, heavy
enough to hide the extra we all get once we get over 30. The main issue
with polo's is that they are expensive (comparatively) and thus we need
to see a real desire for them.

I have deferred the ladies shirts decision to Selena for what I feel
are obvious reasons.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Regards,
> Richard Broersma Jr.
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 6: explain analyze is your
> friend

- --

            UNIQUE NOT NULL

Re: [GENERAL] POLL: Women-sized t-shirts for PostgreSQL

От
Richard Broersma Jr
Дата:
--- On Wed, 11/21/07, Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been looking into getting some woman-sized
> PostgreSQL shirts,
> in addition to the more typical men-sized tshirts. The

Later on, would you consider doing this again for men and women sized polo shirts?

I've already purchased one a while back from a business that must have gone out of business because they are no longer
sellingthese shirts.  I liked the XL shirt that I bought in every way except I that I think that the manufactures in
Mexicomust have different standards on shirt sizes than the US.  It seems sized like a medium to large and it fits me
likea glove. But there is a plus side to its sizing, I never need to iron out the wrinkles to give it that nice pressed
look.:o)

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: [GENERAL] POLL: Women-sized t-shirts for PostgreSQL

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Joshua D. Drake (jd@commandprompt.com) wrote:
> We have considered getting Polos as well as normal shirts. The normal
> shirts are your basic 6.1 oz 100% cotton. No iron required, heavy
> enough to hide the extra we all get once we get over 30. The main issue
> with polo's is that they are expensive (comparatively) and thus we need
> to see a real desire for them.

I've got a real desire for a PG polo. :)  One which I could wear to work
(business casual or whatever) would seriously rock.  I have no idea
who my work got their polos through but they're quite decent and would
be happy to find out, if it'd help. :)

    Thanks!

        Stephen

Вложения

Re: [GENERAL] POLL: Women-sized t-shirts for PostgreSQL

От
Owen Hartnett
Дата:
At 3:30 PM -0800 11/21/07, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have been looking into getting some woman-sized PostgreSQL shirts,
>in addition to the more typical men-sized tshirts. The particular
>style is American Apparel shirts, style # 2102. They are "normal
>looking" t-shirts, just proportioned a bit more correctly for a
>woman's body. The shirt says 'PostgreSQL' in small print on the front,
>and has the big elephant logo on the back. We'll most likely ask for a
>$20 donation to the PostgreSQL non-profit for each shirt.
>
>So, I'm conducting a small poll:
>
>If you are interested in a woman-sized shirt, please EMAIL ME DIRECTLY
>with a quantity, and size (XS, S, M, L, XL). If you would not wear a
>PostgreSQL woman-sized shirt yourself, please consider whether you
>would maybe get one as a gift for someone else this holiday season :)

In answer to your query, I believe the following SQL would do it:

Select count(*), size from postgresqlusers
where gender = 'female' or hasFemaleAcquaintance group by size;

If this doesn't work, what version are you using?

Oh....you're running a POLL!  Never mind.

-Owen

Re: POLL: Women-sized t-shirts for PostgreSQL

От
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Дата:
Hello all,

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:30:18 -0800 Selena Deckelmann wrote:

> I have been looking into getting some woman-sized PostgreSQL shirts,
> in addition to the more typical men-sized tshirts. The particular
> style is American Apparel shirts, style # 2102. They are "normal
> looking" t-shirts, just proportioned a bit more correctly for a
> woman's body. The shirt says 'PostgreSQL' in small print on the front,
> and has the big elephant logo on the back. We'll most likely ask for a
> $20 donation to the PostgreSQL non-profit for each shirt.

the italian guys and girls already designed such a PostgreSQL shirt for
the last PGDay.it. I've got some pictures:

http://base.wars-nicht.de/merchandising/dsc_6929_640x480.jpg
http://base.wars-nicht.de/merchandising/dsc_6935_640x480.jpg

Maybe you can work together and if i can remember, some of the shirts
found their way into the US.

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: POLL: Women-sized t-shirts for PostgreSQL

От
"Selena Deckelmann"
Дата:
Hi Andreas,

On Nov 27, 2007 5:27 AM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail@wars-nicht.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:30:18 -0800 Selena Deckelmann wrote:
>
> > I have been looking into getting some woman-sized PostgreSQL shirts,
> > in addition to the more typical men-sized tshirts. The particular
> > style is American Apparel shirts, style # 2102. They are "normal
> > looking" t-shirts, just proportioned a bit more correctly for a
> > woman's body. The shirt says 'PostgreSQL' in small print on the front,
> > and has the big elephant logo on the back. We'll most likely ask for a
> > $20 donation to the PostgreSQL non-profit for each shirt.
>
> the italian guys and girls already designed such a PostgreSQL shirt for
> the last PGDay.it. I've got some pictures:
>
> http://base.wars-nicht.de/merchandising/dsc_6929_640x480.jpg
> http://base.wars-nicht.de/merchandising/dsc_6935_640x480.jpg
>

> Maybe you can work together and if i can remember, some of the shirts
> found their way into the US.

That is the exact design we are using! Thanks for sharing the
pictures. I chose a blue women's shirt that will be close to the same
color as the men's rather than a white shirt.

Valentino, the designer, was nice enough to forward us the graphics a
few months ago.

-selena