Обсуждение: Is it a worthy case study?

Is it a worthy case study?

От
Michalis Kabrianis
Дата:
Hi all
our company has implemented an online reservation-sale system for
tickets, for one of the three bigger Greek Football teams.
So far it's been very stable and we haven't idenitified any performance
issues.
It's obviously been based on postgres (apache-perl-linux are the other
components)  and I was wondering if it would be worth to write a case
study advocating PostgresSQL.

a) What do you think about that? Would that interest you?
b) What is usually to be included in a case study? Numbers (of
rows/tables/hits per day etc ) or something else?

Thanks in advance for any answer

--
Michalis Kabrianis
Interzone

Re: Is it a worthy case study?

От
Robby Russell
Дата:
On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 13:52, Michalis Kabrianis wrote:
> Hi all
> our company has implemented an online reservation-sale system for
> tickets, for one of the three bigger Greek Football teams.
> So far it's been very stable and we haven't idenitified any performance
> issues.
> It's obviously been based on postgres (apache-perl-linux are the other
> components)  and I was wondering if it would be worth to write a case
> study advocating PostgresSQL.
>
> a) What do you think about that? Would that interest you?
> b) What is usually to be included in a case study? Numbers (of
> rows/tables/hits per day etc ) or something else?
>
> Thanks in advance for any answer

I think that any advocating of this sort is well appreciated. The more
people know about PostgreSQL the more attention it gets. :-)

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR  | robby@planetargon.com
* 503.351.4730  | blog.planetargon.com
* PHP/PostgreSQL Hosting & Development

Re: Is it a worthy case study?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Michalis,

> a) What do you think about that? Would that interest you?
> b) What is usually to be included in a case study? Numbers (of
> rows/tables/hits per day etc ) or something else?

Robert Bernier will undoubtedly e-mail you a questionnaire.  Thank you for
stepping forward with this!

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Is it a worthy case study?

От
"V i s h a l Kashyap @ [Sai Hertz And Control Systems]"
Дата:
Dear Michalis ,

> Hi all
> our company has implemented an online reservation-sale system for
> tickets, for one of the three bigger Greek Football teams.
> So far it's been very stable and we haven't idenitified any
> performance issues.
> It's obviously been based on postgres (apache-perl-linux are the other
> components)  and I was wondering if it would be worth to write a case
> study advocating PostgresSQL.

Thats a great achievement, Congratulations !!

You may  fill this form
http://advocacy.postgresql.org/request/?lang=en
And may be someone from advocacy team would assist you to create a case
study.

Regards,
Vishal Kashyap.