Обсуждение: Re: [GENERAL] MySQL gets $19.5 MM

Re: [GENERAL] MySQL gets $19.5 MM

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 08:49, Ned Lilly wrote:
> Don't know if anyone's posted this yet...
>
> This, combined with the admittedly weird SAP DB deal, is bad news for PostgreSQL.  Today, it's clearly the superior
product. It will be tomorrow too.  But Betamax was pretty neat too.

> PostgreSQL needs more corporate support.  Case studies are great, but someone needs to step into the void that Great
Bridgecreated.

If you can get the venture capital I (and a few others around here)
would be more than willing to try to fill that void. I think we could do
it with far less than 19 million too.

Robert Treat