Обсуждение: Where is a pgAdmin III server list stored?

Where is a pgAdmin III server list stored?

От
Ken Winter
Дата:
style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(0,0,0)">Ineed to migrate my pgAdmin to a new
(Windows7) computer.  My pgAdmin setup on my old (also Win 7) computer includes a couple dozen servers.  I'm hoping
class="gmail_default"style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(0,0,0)">Is the server list
ina file somewhere, and if so how do I find it?  Or if it is somehow stored "inside" of pgAdmin, is there a way to
style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(0,0,0)">~Thanks in advance for your help<br
/></div><divclass="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(0,0,0)">~

Re: Where is a pgAdmin III server list stored?

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Ken Winter <ken@sunward.org> wrote:
> I need to migrate my pgAdmin to a new (Windows 7) computer.  My pgAdmin
> setup on my old (also Win 7) computer includes a couple dozen servers.  I'm
> hoping that I can somehow copy these to the new computer so I don't have to
> re-enter them manually.
>
> Is the server list in a file somewhere, and if so how do I find it?  Or if
> it is somehow stored "inside" of pgAdmin, is there a way to export it from
> the old computer and import it into the new one?

The settings are stored in the Windows Registry. If you fire up
regedit, you should be able to export all the settings under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pgAdmin III

to a text file, then re-import them on the new machine. If you only
want the servers, the key is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pgAdmin III\Servers

The usual caveats and disclaimers about poking around in the registry
apply - be careful and do so at your own risk.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Where is a pgAdmin III server list stored?

От
Michal Kozusznik
Дата:
On 23.9.2015 10:47, Dave Page wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Ken Winter <ken@sunward.org> wrote:
>> I need to migrate my pgAdmin to a new (Windows 7) computer.  My pgAdmin
>> setup on my old (also Win 7) computer includes a couple dozen servers.  I'm
>> hoping that I can somehow copy these to the new computer so I don't have to
>> re-enter them manually.
>>
>> Is the server list in a file somewhere, and if so how do I find it?  Or if
>> it is somehow stored "inside" of pgAdmin, is there a way to export it from
>> the old computer and import it into the new one?
> The settings are stored in the Windows Registry. If you fire up
> regedit, you should be able to export all the settings under:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pgAdmin III
>
> to a text file, then re-import them on the new machine. If you only
> want the servers, the key is:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pgAdmin III\Servers
>
> The usual caveats and disclaimers about poking around in the registry
> apply - be careful and do so at your own risk.

Would be useful to have option to export/import pgadmin settings then

Вложения

Re: Where is a pgAdmin III server list stored?

От
Ken Winter
Дата:
style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(0,0,0)">Thanks,Dave ~  <br /><br />It worked
class="gmail_quote"style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi<br /><br /> On Tue, Sep 22,
2015at 9:30 PM, Ken Winter <<a href="mailto:ken@sunward.org">ken@sunward.org</a>> wrote:<br /> > I need to
migratemy pgAdmin to a new (Windows 7) computer.  My pgAdmin<br /> > setup on my old (also Win 7) computer includes
acouple dozen servers.  I'm<br /> > hoping that I can somehow copy these to the new computer so I don't have to<br
/>> re-enter them manually.<br /> ><br /> > Is the server list in a file somewhere, and if so how do I find
it? Or if<br /> > it is somehow stored "inside" of pgAdmin, is there a way to export it from<br /> > the old
computerand import it into the new one?<br /><br /> The settings are stored in the Windows Registry. If you fire up<br
/>regedit, you should be able to export all the settings under:<br /><br /> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pgAdmin III<br
/><br/> to a text file, then re-import them on the new machine. If you only<br /> want the servers, the key is:<br
href="http://www.enterprisedb.com"rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.enterprisedb.com</a><br /> The Enterprise