Обсуждение: all useful options disabled in the Import dialog

all useful options disabled in the Import dialog

От
Joe Strout
Дата:
I'm trying to import a CSV file on my local machine, to a pgsql database
running on a server.  I'm running pgAdmin III 1.18.1.

This is a standard CSV file with a header line, and quotes around any
values that happen to contain commas.

Problem is, all the useful options in the Import dialog are disabled.
This includes the Header checkbox on the Misc. Options tab, and both
Quote and Escape on the Quote Options tab.

Without being able to set these options, of course, the import fails.
I've searched the internets and any documentation I can find (which
isn't much), but can't figure out why these options or disabled or how
to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
- Joe

Re: all useful options disabled in the Import dialog

От
Leonard Boyce
Дата:
Hi Joe,

Did you select 'csv' as the format in 'File Options'? If 'text' is
selected the options you're referring to are disabled it seems.

Leonard

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Joe Strout <joe@luminaryapps.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to import a CSV file on my local machine, to a pgsql database
> running on a server.  I'm running pgAdmin III 1.18.1.
>
> This is a standard CSV file with a header line, and quotes around any values
> that happen to contain commas.
>
> Problem is, all the useful options in the Import dialog are disabled. This
> includes the Header checkbox on the Misc. Options tab, and both Quote and
> Escape on the Quote Options tab.
>
> Without being able to set these options, of course, the import fails. I've
> searched the internets and any documentation I can find (which isn't much),
> but can't figure out why these options or disabled or how to fix it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> - Joe

Re: all useful options disabled in the Import dialog

От
Joe Strout
Дата:
Leonard Boyce wrote:

> Did you select 'csv' as the format in 'File Options'? If 'text' is
> selected the options you're referring to are disabled it seems.

Nope.  Don't I feel silly.  That does indeed fix it.

Thank you,
- Joe