Обсуждение: RSS feed?

RSS feed?

От
hushthatbush@hushmail.com
Дата:
checkfor new releases. Why is there no RSS feed for new stable releases? AFAIK, the program itself doesn't check for
newversions either.<br /></span>

Re: RSS feed?

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
oldto visit the pgAdmin website every single day to check for new releases. Why is there no RSS feed for new stable
releases?AFAIK, the program itself doesn't check for new versions either.<p dir="ltr">For the website, no real reason
todo so. Announcements are sent to the pgsql-announce, and to the PgAdmin mailing lists, which should be enough.<p
dir="ltr">Aboutthe program's check for a new release, we'd welcome a patch for this. As far as I know, you're the only
onewho asked for it.

Re: RSS feed?

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 25 nov. 2014 11:07, <hushthatbush@hushmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> It's getting old to visit the pgAdmin website every single day to check
>> for new releases. Why is there no RSS feed for new stable releases? AFAIK,
>> the program itself doesn't check for new versions either.
>
> For the website, no real reason to do so. Announcements are sent to the
> pgsql-announce, and to the PgAdmin mailing lists, which should be enough.
>
> About the program's check for a new release, we'd welcome a patch for this.
> As far as I know, you're the only one who asked for it.

The problem is that it requires more than a simple patch. The update
mechanism and timing depends greatly on what distro you're running and
on what platform.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com