Обсуждение: No options in Mac OS version

No options in Mac OS version

От
"Charlie Clark"
Дата:
Hi,

sorry if is this me being dumb but I simply can't find any options
settings in the OS X GUI. I'm running the binary from the website of
1.18.1 on OS X 10.9.4

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director

Re: No options in Mac OS version

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Charlie Clark
<charlie.clark@clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry if is this me being dumb but I simply can't find any options settings
> in the OS X GUI. I'm running the binary from the website of 1.18.1 on OS X
> 10.9.4

Click pgAdmin3 -> Preferences. It's in  slightly different place than
on Windows/Linux, because it follows the OSX standard.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: No options in Mac OS version

От
"Charlie Clark"
Дата:
Am .08.2014, 11:19 Uhr, schrieb Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:

> Click pgAdmin3 -> Preferences. It's in  slightly different place than
> on Windows/Linux, because it follows the OSX standard.

Thanks for the fast response! Found it but it's greyed out for most of the
time.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director
Clark Consulting & Research
German Office
Kronenstr. 27a
Düsseldorf
D- 40217
Tel: +49-211-600-3657
Mobile: +49-178-782-6226

Re: No options in Mac OS version

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Charlie Clark
<charlie.clark@clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
> Am .08.2014, 11:19 Uhr, schrieb Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:
>

>> Click pgAdmin3 -> Preferences. It's in  slightly different place than
>> on Windows/Linux, because it follows the OSX standard.
>

> Thanks for the fast response! Found it but it's greyed out for most of the
> time.

It should always be enabled, if the main window is the active one - it
likely won't be enabled if the query tool or some other window is
active.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: No options in Mac OS version

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Charlie Clark
<charlie.clark@clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
> Am .08.2014, 11:34 Uhr, schrieb Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:
>

>> It should always be enabled, if the main window is the active one - it
>> likely won't be enabled if the query tool or some other window is
>> active.
>

> That is indeed the case. Bit weird when you're trying to set options about
> the editor in the editor but I guess that's the way wxWidgets works.

Largely, yes.

> BTW. the documentation (both 1.18.1 and dev) have links to the "beta
> website" which doesn't exist.

Oh? Can you give me an example please? I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: No options in Mac OS version

От
"Charlie Clark"
Дата:
Am .08.2014, 11:34 Uhr, schrieb Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:

> It should always be enabled, if the main window is the active one - it
> likely won't be enabled if the query tool or some other window is
> active.

That is indeed the case. Bit weird when you're trying to set options about
the editor in the editor but I guess that's the way wxWidgets works.

BTW. the documentation (both 1.18.1 and dev) have links to the "beta
website" which doesn't exist.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director
Clark Consulting & Research
German Office
Kronenstr. 27a
Düsseldorf
D- 40217
Tel: +49-211-600-3657
Mobile: +49-178-782-6226

Re: No options in Mac OS version

От
"Charlie Clark"
Дата:
Am .08.2014, 11:42 Uhr, schrieb Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:

> Oh? Can you give me an example please? I'm not entirely sure what you
> mean.

The link to the beta website from here:
http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/dev/bugreport.html

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director
Clark Consulting & Research
German Office
Kronenstr. 27a
Düsseldorf
D- 40217
Tel: +49-211-600-3657
Mobile: +49-178-782-6226

Re: No options in Mac OS version

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Charlie Clark
<charlie.clark@clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
> Am .08.2014, 11:42 Uhr, schrieb Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:
>

>> Oh? Can you give me an example please? I'm not entirely sure what you
>> mean.
>

> The link to the beta website from here:
> http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/dev/bugreport.html

Ahh, thanks - I've pushed a fixed for 1.20.