Обсуждение:

Manish Jain
Дата:
Hi,

I have PostgreSQL9.1 installed on Mac OS X ver 10.7.2 which was working absolutely well up to few weeks ago, but
suddenlythe query tool has stopped working. Whenever I am trying to open the query tool the PGAdmin the application get
hungand I have to use the "force quit" to exit the application and start it again, please help.

Sincerely
Manish Jain

SQL Query tool in PGAdmin causing exception

От
Manish Jain
Дата:
> Hi,
>
> I have PostgreSQL9.1 installed on Mac OS X ver 10.7.2 which was working absolutely well up to few weeks ago, but
suddenlythe query tool has stopped working. Whenever I am trying to open the query tool the PGAdmin the application get
hungand I have to use the "force quit" to exit the application and start it again, please help.

> Sincerely
> Manish Jain

Re: SQL Query tool in PGAdmin causing exception

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 22:10 -0400, Manish Jain wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have PostgreSQL9.1 installed on Mac OS X ver 10.7.2 which was working absolutely well up to few weeks ago, but
suddenlythe query tool has stopped working. Whenever I am trying to open the query tool the PGAdmin the application get
hungand I have to use the "force quit" to exit the application and start it again, please help.

Delete the .pgadmin_histoqueries file on your PC. It should work better.

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com

Re: SQL Query tool in PGAdmin causing exception

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 17:01 -0400, Manish Jain wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I removed .pgadmin_histoqueries file and it worked, but can i know the reason/research behind this issue?

This file contains your queries history. In the first release of pgAdmin
that uses it, it could grow a lot and pgAdmin can have a hard time
reading it all at the start of the query tool. This bug has been fixed
then, but you can always get hit by it if you didn't upgrade your
pgadmin release or if you already have a too big file.

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com

Re: SQL Query tool in PGAdmin causing exception

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 17:33 -0400, Manish Jain wrote:
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> Got this point and I really appreciate your help.
> On you suggestion I also upgrade from PostgreSQL 9.0 to 9.1 but my PGAdmin window is showing me both 9.0 & 9.1
servers.Do you I have to uninstall the previous version of the PostgreSQL first? If yes, then how?

You should uninstall the oldest release if you don't need it anymore.
There is an uninstaller in its directory.

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com

Re: SQL Query tool in PGAdmin causing exception

От
Manish Jain
Дата:
Its working now. Thanks again.

Regards
Manish Jain

On Oct 28, 2011, at 6:16 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 17:33 -0400, Manish Jain wrote:
>> Hi Guillaume,
>>
>> Got this point and I really appreciate your help.
>> On you suggestion I also upgrade from PostgreSQL 9.0 to 9.1 but my PGAdmin window is showing me both 9.0 & 9.1
servers.Do you I have to uninstall the previous version of the PostgreSQL first? If yes, then how?

> You should uninstall the oldest release if you don't need it anymore.
> There is an uninstaller in its directory.
>

> --
> Guillaume
>  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
>  http://www.dalibo.com

Re: SQL Query tool in PGAdmin causing exception

От
Manish Jain
Дата:
Hello,

I removed .pgadmin_histoqueries file and it worked, but can i know the reason/research behind this issue?

Thanks,
Manish Jain

On Oct 28, 2011, at 1:50 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

.pgadmin_histoqueries

Re: SQL Query tool in PGAdmin causing exception

От
Manish Jain
Дата:
Hi Guillaume,

Got this point and I really appreciate your help.
On you suggestion I also upgrade from PostgreSQL 9.0 to 9.1 but my PGAdmin window is showing me both 9.0 & 9.1 servers.
Doyou I have to uninstall the previous version of the PostgreSQL first? If yes, then how?

Regards,
Manish Jain