Обсуждение: SQL pane font

SQL pane font

От
Aleksey Chirkin
Дата:
Hello!

Tell me please, how can I change font in SQL pane window?

Aleksey

Re: SQL pane font

От
Fernando Hevia
Дата:
Hi.

You can use Control key + mouse scroll wheel for instant resizing.
For a permanent setup take a look in the File->Options menu.

Regards,
Fernando.

Tell me please, how can I change font in SQL pane window?

Aleksey

Re: SQL pane font

От
"Bob McConnell"
From: Fernando Hevia

> You can use Control key + mouse scroll wheel for instant resizing.
> For a permanent setup take a look in the File->Options menu.

That makes it a little difficult for me. The Logitech Marble Mouse
doesn't have a scroll wheel.

Bob McConnell

Re: SQL pane font

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:19:53 -0400, "Bob McConnell" <rvm@CBORD.com> wrote:
> From: Fernando Hevia
>
>> You can use Control key + mouse scroll wheel for instant resizing.
>> For a permanent setup take a look in the File->Options menu.
>
> That makes it a little difficult for me. The Logitech Marble Mouse
> doesn't have a scroll wheel.

You do understand that you can set it in the Options dialog without the
mousewheel?

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com

Re: SQL pane font

От
"Bob McConnell"
>>> You can use Control key + mouse scroll wheel for instant resizing.
>>> For a permanent setup take a look in the File->Options menu.
>>
>> That makes it a little difficult for me. The Logitech Marble Mouse
>> doesn't have a scroll wheel.
>>

> You do understand that you can set it in the Options dialog without
the
> mousewheel?

Yes, but the ability to change it on the fly is much more useful that a
static setting.

Bob McConnell

Re: SQL pane font

От
Guillaume Lelarge
On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 14:56 -0400, Bob McConnell wrote:
> From: Guillaume Lelarge
>
> > On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:19:53 -0400, "Bob McConnell" <rvm@CBORD.com>
> wrote:
> >> From: Fernando Hevia

> >> That makes it a little difficult for me. The Logitech Marble Mouse
> >> doesn't have a scroll wheel.
> >>

> > You do understand that you can set it in the Options dialog without
> the
> > mousewheel?
>
> Yes, but the ability to change it on the fly is much more useful that a
> static setting.

Sure. If you know a better UI, we can probably make that happen. Now
that I think of it, Ctrl-+ and Ctrl-- would be great candidate. Would
that be better for you?

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com

Re: SQL pane font

От
"Bob McConnell"
> On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 14:56 -0400, Bob McConnell wrote:
>> From: Guillaume Lelarge

>> > You do understand that you can set it in the Options dialog without
>> the
>> > mousewheel?
>>
>> Yes, but the ability to change it on the fly is much more useful that
>> static setting.
>>

> Sure. If you know a better UI, we can probably make that happen. Now
> that I think of it, Ctrl-+ and Ctrl-- would be great candidate. Would
> that be better for you?

Absolutely, and more memorable as well, since Firefox already taught me
those keystrokes for that very effect.

Thanks,

Bob McConnell

Re: SQL pane font

От
Guillaume Lelarge
On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 15:36 -0400, Bob McConnell wrote:
> From: Guillaume Lelarge
>
> > On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 14:56 -0400, Bob McConnell wrote:
> >> From: Guillaume Lelarge

> resizing.

> >> the
> >>
> >> Yes, but the ability to change it on the fly is much more useful that
> >> static setting.
> >>

> > Sure. If you know a better UI, we can probably make that happen. Now
> > that I think of it, Ctrl-+ and Ctrl-- would be great candidate. Would
> > that be better for you?
>
> Absolutely, and more memorable as well, since Firefox already taught me
> those keystrokes for that very effect.

And some editors and terminal too (gnome's terminal for once). I'll see
if it's not already used.

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com

Re: SQL pane font

От
Fernando Hevia
Дата:
Bob, I was going to suggest you get rid of that weird mouse of yours but it wont be necessary as Ctrl-+ and Ctrl-- already work as suggested. At least in v1.14.0 it does.

:)

Sure. If you know a better UI, we can probably make that happen. Now
that I think of it, Ctrl-+ and Ctrl-- would be great candidate. Would
that be better for you?

Re: SQL pane font

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 17:02:59 -0300, Fernando Hevia <fhevia@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Bob, I was going to suggest you get rid of that weird mouse of yours but
> it wont be necessary as Ctrl-+ and Ctrl-- already work as
> suggested. At least in v1.14.0 it does.
> :)

I don't see it working on Linux. What OS are you on?

--

wrote:
> Bob, I was going to suggest you get rid of that weird mouse of yours but
> it wont be necessary as Ctrl-+ and Ctrl-- already work as
> suggested. At least in v1.14.0 it does.
> :)

I don't see it working on Linux. What OS are you on?

Windows 7 SP1.

Re: SQL pane font

От
"Bob McConnell"
From: Fernando Hevia

> Bob, I was going to suggest you get rid of that weird mouse
> of yours but it wont be necessary as Ctrl-+ and Ctrl-- already
> work as suggested. At least in v1.14.0 it does.
>
> :)

Don't even think about it. The Marble Mouse is the only decent trackball
I have ever found that works well with the left hand. That frees up my
right hand to wield a pencil while I am working. I prefer the track ball
because it doesn't require acres of free space on the desk next to the
keyboard and can even be used sitting on my knee.

Bob McConnell

Re: SQL pane font

От
Basil Bourque
Дата:
>>> You can use Control key + mouse scroll wheel for instant resizing.
>>> For a permanent setup take a look in the File->Options menu.
>>
>> That makes it a little difficult for me. The Logitech Marble Mouse
>> doesn't have a scroll wheel.
>
> You do understand that you can set it in the Options dialog without the
> mousewheel?

Options (or Preferences) > Query Tool (tab) > Font setting has a bug rendering it useless. In pgAdmin 1.14.0 setting a
biggerfont does indeed cause the fonts to get bigger, but any table of data generated for display in the "Output Pane"
ofa SQL Query window fails to grow its row size vertically. So the larger font is clipped and unreadable.

Strangely, the Control+Mouse-ball-down works in the output pane! Both the font *and* the row height increase. Thanks
forthe tip on that mouse trick -- it is a workaround for this fixed-row-height bug. This makes demonstrating Postgres
toan audience much easier.

Screen shot:
http://www.gridsgonewild.com/postgres/pgadmin_font_size_bug.png

I reported this bug in another thread (subject below). I just updated that thread with the above link to a screenshot.
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Re: Bug - Rows in Query Output pane fail to grow in height when font size preference
sizeis larger

--Basil

Re: SQL pane font

От
Aleksey Chirkin
Дата:
Thank you, it's useful! And I do not noticed that changing the font on
query tool affects to the sql pane.

2011/10/12 Fernando Hevia <fhevia@gmail.com>:
> Hi.
> You can use Control key + mouse scroll wheel for instant resizing.
> For a permanent setup take a look in the File->Options menu.
> Regards,
> Fernando.
>
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 08:10, Aleksey Chirkin <a4irkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Tell me please, how can I change font in SQL pane window?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Aleksey
>>
>> --

Re: SQL pane font

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 23:21 -0700, Basil Bourque wrote:

> >> That makes it a little difficult for me. The Logitech Marble Mouse
> >> doesn't have a scroll wheel.
> >
> > You do understand that you can set it in the Options dialog without the
> > mousewheel?
>
> Options (or Preferences) > Query Tool (tab) > Font setting has a bug rendering it useless. In pgAdmin 1.14.0 setting
abigger font does indeed cause the fonts to get bigger, but any table of data generated for display in the "Output
Pane"of a SQL Query window fails to grow its row size vertically. So the larger font is clipped and unreadable.

> Strangely, the Control+Mouse-ball-down works in the output pane! Both the font *and* the row height increase. Thanks
forthe tip on that mouse trick -- it is a workaround for this fixed-row-height bug. This makes demonstrating Postgres
toan audience much easier.

> Screen shot:
> http://www.gridsgonewild.com/postgres/pgadmin_font_size_bug.png
>
> I reported this bug in another thread (subject below). I just updated that thread with the above link to a
screenshot.
> Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Re: Bug - Rows in Query Output pane fail to grow in height when font size preference
sizeis larger

Oops, right. Now fixed. Thanks :)