Обсуждение: SQL pane error

SQL pane error

От
"Diego Garcilazo"
Дата:
pgadmin1.12 on Windows xp with Service Pack 3. I chose spanish as the language for pgadmin. The problem appears when a
tryto ejecute SQL pane. The pgadmin Freeze and CPU usage is 100% until the program is closed. I ve installed pgadmin
1.12and postgresql9.0 on another computer but Windows 7 and this problem doesnot appear.  I cannot migrate to
postgresql9.0 without pgadmin working ok. Its possible that this problem appears because I have pgadmin 1.10 and 1.12
fromArgentina. </span></div>

Re: SQL pane error

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Diego Garcilazo
<ucu.epidemiologia@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have just installed Postgresql 9.0 and pgadmin 1.12 on Windows xp with
> Service Pack 3. I chose spanish as the language for pgadmin. The problem
> appears when a try to ejecute SQL pane. The pgadmin Freeze and CPU usage is
> 100% until the program is closed. I ve installed pgadmin 1.12 and
> postgresql9.0 on another computer but Windows 7 and this problem doesnot
> appear.  I cannot migrate to postgresql 9.0 without pgadmin working ok. Its
> possible that this problem appears because I have pgadmin 1.10 and 1.12 in
> the same pc? Some sugestions. Thanks in advance.

What does "ejecute SQL pane" mean exactly?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: SQL pane error

От
Dave Page
Дата:
[please keep messages on-list]

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Diego Garcilazo
<ucu.epidemiologia@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry about my english,
> I meant when a want to run SQL panel the pgadmin freeze then I run Task
> manager and it show that pgadmin "no respond" and CPU usage 100%.  Then I
> have to shout down pgadmin.

Very odd. Please try removing
%APPDATA%\postgresql\pgadmin_histoqueries.xml and then trying again.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: SQL pane error

От
teuzz
Дата:
Worked for me as well. Thank you for the solution. The cause was that I tried
to run about 22MB of SQL. Maybe it's not a good idea to let the user to run
queries like that and definitely to save it to the mentioned file.

Re: SQL pane error

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 03/02/2011 19:04, teuzz a écrit :

> Worked for me as well. Thank you for the solution. The cause was that I tried
> to run about 22MB of SQL. Maybe it's not a good idea to let the user to run
> queries like that and definitely to save it to the mentioned file.

There's already a fix to not save a really big query in the historic
file. Should be in next minor release, IIRC.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com