Обсуждение: pgAdmin v1.12.0 Released

pgAdmin v1.12.0 Released

От
Dave Page
Дата:
The pgAdmin Development Team are pleased to announce the release of
pgAdmin III v1.12.0.

pgAdmin is a comprehensive Open Source database management tool for
PostgreSQL, offering an SQL Query tool, table data editor, editors for
virtually all object types, including Slony objects, a procedural
language debugger, configuration editors and graphical query builder.
pgAdmin runs on Linux, Mac, Windows, FreeBSD and Solaris platforms.

This release is the culmination of over 12 months of development work
and adds support for PostgreSQL 9.0, as well as numerous other
enhancements which can be seen in the change log:

    http://www.pgadmin.org/development/changelog.php

A visual tour of some of the key changes can be found here:

    http://www.pgadmin.org/visualtour12.php

To try out pgAdmin 1.12, download the source code or binaries for
Windows or Mac machines from:

    http://www.pgadmin.org/download/

RPMs can be downloaded for Redhat platforms from the Yum repository at:

    http://yum.pgrpms.org/

pgAdmin is also included in the PostgreSQL installers from EnterpriseDB:

    http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

pgAdmin Development Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] pgAdmin v1.12.0 Released

От
Per Sundin
Дата:
Hello,

I just installed the new pgAdmin III v1.12.0 on my Windows XP and noticed that the installer did not update my
"PostgreSQLPath"registry value, so I had to update it manually, since it pointed to a folder in my previous
installation:
 PostgreSQLPath="C:\Program\pgAdmin III\1.8"   (old) PostgreSQLPath="C:\Program\pgAdmin III\1.12"  (new)

I noticed this, because my process logger showed the following sequence of process invocations:
 C:\Program\pgAdmin III\1.12\pgadmin3.exe   => C:\Program\pgAdmin III\1.8\pg_dump.exe --version   => C:\Program\pgAdmin
III\1.12\pg_dump.exe--version   => C:\Program\pgAdmin III\1.12\pg_dump.exe --version   => C:\Program\pgAdmin
III\1.12\pg_dump.exe--version   => C:\Program\pgAdmin III\1.8\pg_dump.exe --version   => C:\Program\pgAdmin
III\1.8\pg_dumpall.exe--version   => C:\Program\pgAdmin III\1.8\pg_restore.exe --version

Best regards
Per Sundin

[...]

Дата:
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Per Sundin <per.sundin@globesoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed the new pgAdmin III v1.12.0 on my Windows XP and noticed that the installer did not update my
"PostgreSQLPath"registry value, so I had to update it manually, since it pointed to a folder in my previous
installation:

Yes, that is intentional. You should set your PostgreSQL Path to
whatever is appropriate for your servers, not whatever the latest
happens to be.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: pgAdmin v1.12.0 Released

От
Jason Long
Дата:
I just installed Postgres 9.0 on all of my production servers, but I need pgAdmin on my development boxes.  I have Postges 9.0 installed and working on the dev box, but I am not finding pgadmin in this repository.

I also do not see this rpm in the list on http://yum.pgrpms.org/.

Can someone please point me to the correct repository or link to the rpm?

I am using Fedora 13.

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 3:05 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
[...]

Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 25/09/2010 21:01, Jason Long a écrit :
> I just installed Postgres 9.0 on all of my production servers, but I need
> pgAdmin on my development boxes.  I have Postges 9.0 installed and working
> on the dev box, but I am not finding pgadmin in this repository.

Which repository?

> I also do not see this rpm in the list on http://yum.pgrpms.org/.
>
> Can someone please point me to the correct repository or link to the rpm?

They don't seem to be available yet.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: pgAdmin v1.12.0 Released

От
Jason Long

There is a version in the fedora-12-i386, but it is an old version which will not work with 9.0.

There release announcement included reference to http://yum.pgrpms.org.

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
Le 25/09/2010 21:01, Jason Long a écrit :
> I just installed Postgres 9.0 on all of my production servers, but I need
> pgAdmin on my development boxes.  I have Postges 9.0 installed and working
> on the dev box, but I am not finding pgadmin in this repository.

Which repository?

> I also do not see this rpm in the list on http://yum.pgrpms.org/.
>
> Can someone please point me to the correct repository or link to the rpm?

They don't seem to be available yet.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr
 http://dalibo.com

Re: pgAdmin v1.12.0 Released

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 25/09/2010 23:16, Jason Long a écrit :
> I am using http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-13-i386/
>
> There is a version in the fedora-12-i386, but it is an old version which
> will not work with 9.0.
> http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-12-i386/

Yeah, pgAdmin 1.10 does not support PostgreSQL 9.0.

> There release announcement included reference to http://yum.pgrpms.org.

I suppose Devrim didn't find the time yet to build pgAdmin 1.12. Devrim,
can you give use more details? do you have an idea when we could expect
1.12 in RPM packages? Thanks.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: pgAdmin v1.12.0 Released

От
Jason Long
Дата:
I now see it in the fedora12 repository, but not in the fedora13 repository.  I already compiled it to get it working, but I prefer to use yum.

Thank you for the great work on pgAdmin.

2010/9/25 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>
Le 25/09/2010 23:16, Jason Long a écrit :
> I am using http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-13-i386/
>
> There is a version in the fedora-12-i386, but it is an old version which
> will not work with 9.0.
> http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-12-i386/

Yeah, pgAdmin 1.10 does not support PostgreSQL 9.0.

> There release announcement included reference to http://yum.pgrpms.org.

I suppose Devrim didn't find the time yet to build pgAdmin 1.12. Devrim,
can you give use more details? do you have an idea when we could expect
1.12 in RPM packages? Thanks.

--
Thank you for your time,

Jason Long
CEO and Chief Software Engineer
BS Physics, MS Chemical Engineering
http://www.octgsoftware.com
HJBug Founder and President
http://www.hjbug.com

Re: pgAdmin v1.12.0 Released

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 15:21 -0500, Jason Long wrote:
> I now see it in the fedora12 repository, but not in the fedora13
> repository.  I already compiled it to get it working, but I prefer to
> use yum.

Should be in repo as of this morning. Fedora-13 RPMs lagged a bit
intentionally, because I pushed more items to it already.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: pgAdmin v1.12.0 Released

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 03:14 -0500, Jason Long wrote:

> It is in http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-13-x86_64/, but not
> in
>
> http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-13-i386/

Done: