Обсуждение: Query window and non-english text

Query window and non-english text

От
Eugene Lisitsky
Дата:
Hi!

Thank you for the program!

I found one strange bug in Query window.
If you type Russian letters in it and then use cursor movement key - arrows or backspace or delete, after you cannot type in Russian any more. You can press letters on keyboard but nothing happens in the window. If you press Space or switch to English and press any symbol - then you can type ahead. After that you can switch back and type Russian letters too.

I have tested it with another languages, for example Azerbaijani. The problem occurs only with non-latin simbols, such as ı, ə, ş. Symbol ö which also presents in German works well.

My locale is: ru_RU.UTF-8.
Keyboard layouts: Russian, USA.
PgAdmin: 1.10.0 (aug 17 2009, rev: 7945:7946) installed from repository.
Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala.
Linux: 2.6.31-14-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 16 14:04:26 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

Thank you!

--
Yours,
Eugene Lisitsky

Re: Query window and non-english text

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Eugene Lisitsky <lisitsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> Thank you for the program!
> I found one strange bug in Query window.
> If you type Russian letters in it and then use cursor movement key - arrows
> or backspace or delete, after you cannot type in Russian any more. You can
> press letters on keyboard but nothing happens in the window. If you press
> Space or switch to English and press any symbol - then you can type ahead.
> After that you can switch back and type Russian letters too.
> I have tested it with another languages, for example Azerbaijani. The
> problem occurs only with non-latin simbols, such as ı, ə, ş. Symbol ö which
> also presents in German works well.

Hiroshi was working on a fix for similar problems with Japanese
characters. Hiroshi, whats is the status of that? Do we need to update
wxWidgets with the latest scintilla control?

--
Dave Page