Обсуждение: PGAdminIII 1.10, Beta 3: Problem with Comment field in New Column Dialogue

PGAdminIII 1.10, Beta 3: Problem with Comment field in New Column Dialogue

От
"Andreas Neumann"
Дата:
Hi,

I was testing PgAdminIII 1.10, Beta 3, and ran into the following problem:

When creating a "New Table" and then in the "Columns" tab, a "New Column",
the "Comment" text area seems to be disabled/blocked.

I am not able to type anything in this field at this stage. I can only
create the column and then add the comment later when editing an
individual column.

I tested on WinXP, 32bit. Can others reproduced the problem?

Thanks,
Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/

Re: PGAdminIII 1.10, Beta 3: Problem with Comment field in New Column Dialogue

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann@carto.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was testing PgAdminIII 1.10, Beta 3, and ran into the following problem:
>
> When creating a "New Table" and then in the "Columns" tab, a "New Column",
> the "Comment" text area seems to be disabled/blocked.
>
> I am not able to type anything in this field at this stage. I can only
> create the column and then add the comment later when editing an
> individual column.
>
> I tested on WinXP, 32bit. Can others reproduced the problem?

It's a known limitation that is harder to fix than one might imagine.

--
Dave Page

Re: PGAdminIII 1.10, Beta 3: Problem with Comment field in New Column Dialogue

От
"Andreas Neumann"
Дата:
I see. Thanks for answering.

In the case it is not easy to fix, maybe it would help to properly disable
this text-area. See the attached screenshot. It should be greyed out like
the "Length", "Precision" and "Default value" fields. On this screenshot
in the Windows version it looks like the "Comment" text area field is
active and available.

It is interesting, that the 1.8.4 release on Ubuntu properly greys this
text-area out (disables it), but the Windows vesion 1.8.10 does not.

Thanks,
Andreas

On Mon, May 11, 2009 12:19 pm, Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann@carto.net>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was testing PgAdminIII 1.10, Beta 3, and ran into the following
>> problem:
>>
>> When creating a "New Table" and then in the "Columns" tab, a "New
>> Column",
>> the "Comment" text area seems to be disabled/blocked.
>>
>> I am not able to type anything in this field at this stage. I can only
>> create the column and then add the comment later when editing an
>> individual column.
>>
>> I tested on WinXP, 32bit. Can others reproduced the problem?
>
> It's a known limitation that is harder to fix than one might imagine.
>

> --
> Dave Page
> EnterpriseDB UK:   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/
http://www.svgopen.org/
Вложения

Re: PGAdminIII 1.10, Beta 3: Problem with Comment field in New Column Dialogue

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann@carto.net> wrote:
> I see. Thanks for answering.
>
> In the case it is not easy to fix, maybe it would help to properly disable
> this text-area. See the attached screenshot. It should be greyed out like
> the "Length", "Precision" and "Default value" fields. On this screenshot
> in the Windows version it looks like the "Comment" text area field is
> active and available.
>
> It is interesting, that the 1.8.4 release on Ubuntu properly greys this
> text-area out (disables it), but the Windows vesion 1.8.10 does not.

We do disable it properly, but it's not us that decides how the
control should look when rendered. Blame Microsoft for that :-p

--
Dave Page

Re: PGAdminIII 1.10, Beta 3: Problem with Comment field in New Column Dialogue

От
"Andreas Neumann"
Дата:
In this case then there is nothing we can do ...

Thanks anyway for getting back about it,
Andreas